Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Jagex new announcement for third party clients

myfirstbot

Hi, i am presently using dream bot client but recently got to know the update from jagex that they will no longer let players use any third party unofficial clients and if users continue to do so then it will leads them for account ban.

i have seen in the jagex site that dream bot is not in the official client list of jagex, so could you pls help me how can i continue to use the dream bot and how ths update will impact dream bot client in the future.

like nestle just said, botting has always been against the rules, if they could detect you are using dreambot you'd already be banned

currently its monday, 27th 11am in the UK, the grace period for third party clients was up on the 24th, so far i dont know 1 person that has gotten a 2 week third party client ban.

19 hours ago, myfirstbot said:

Hi, i am presently using dream bot client but recently got to know the update from jagex that they will no longer let players use any third party unofficial clients and if users continue to do so then it will leads them for account ban.

i have seen in the jagex site that dream bot is not in the official client list of jagex, so could you pls help me how can i continue to use the dream bot and how ths update will impact dream bot client in the future.

I personally think this update is a major win for Jagex' anti-botting systems. However, only time will tell how strict they are at enforcing this rule since this is so new we don't have much data about this.

However, just like anything else programmed it can be decompiled and seen how it works.

I believe in time some client developers will figure out how Jagex is "signing" clients to verify what client they are. And eventually we will be able to spoof it so it can show as if our botting client is actually the official client.

Again, only time will tell <3 

Edited by Bryno

It's pretty strict. My friend just logged on some of my accounts using OpenOSRS and all the accounts got slapped with a 2 week ban. It was literally 10 seconds into using the client too.

openosrs.png

openosrs2.jpg

Edited by Hmm
    Another image

5 hours ago, Hmm said:

It's pretty strict. My friend just logged on some of my accounts using OpenOSRS and all the accounts got slapped with a 2 week ban. It was literally 10 seconds into using the client too.

Potentially hot take, but this is a good thing for DreamBot (as of right now). Since there haven't been any bans called out on the forums, we can assume that either they cannot detect DB, or they're "saving" for a big wave.

After this update, some botters are probably hesitant to bot. They may wait a week or two to see if things are safe. Jagex could hold off on bans until that "safe waiting period" is over.

If I were on the anti-botting team, that's probably what I'd do. But hell, I have no idea how competent they are. My money's on DB being not detectable.

23 minutes ago, BeepBoopBop said:

Potentially hot take, but this is a good thing for DreamBot (as of right now). Since there haven't been any bans called out on the forums, we can assume that either they cannot detect DB, or they're "saving" for a big wave.

After this update, some botters are probably hesitant to bot. They may wait a week or two to see if things are safe. Jagex could hold off on bans until that "safe waiting period" is over.

If I were on the anti-botting team, that's probably what I'd do. But hell, I have no idea how competent they are. My money's on DB being not detectable.

I've been watching this to see what others said. I stopped botting a little while back, but was looking to get back into again until I saw the announcement. Made me want to wait to see the fall out before I invest anymore time into botting.

I created a new account on OSRS, played tut island through DB manually and got the starter pack and killed a few mobs. Waiting to see if that account gets banned.

Anyone here able to provide data to suggest dreambot is safe, like how many bots you been running since the cut off? have you had any bans? have you altered the way you bot since the announcement?

I haven't personally seen any of these new bans from DB users, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just replace their current 2 day temp bans for botting w/ these new 2 week bans, but we won't really know until something more happens :o 

2 hours ago, BeepBoopBop said:

If I were on their anti-botting team, I would be doing this as well.

Very good take, especially hitting home with me because I am doing this haha

I am literally not botting until a few weeks past to see how crazy they are.

And it looks like from what @Hmm they are most definitely detecting the openosrs client. 

I'ma just sit back and relax for maybe a week or two to see what's all going on :) 

3 hours ago, Bryno said:

And it looks like from what @Hmm they are most definitely detecting the openosrs client. 

maybe, but 1500 people are still using oprs rn, normally that would be like 8k, i think its more likely they detected people using automated plugins & changed 2 day to week like pandemic said, banned them, and most left the client because of fear rather than jagex detects non legit clients, mass bans 80% of users but leaves rest alone because ??? + doesn't ban botters

5 hours ago, alphazone said:

have you altered the way you bot since the announcement?

why would altering the way you bot help against this? jagex claims to be able to detect third party clients if they really can you would get banned without even botting, how you bot would be irrelevant to this new info.