Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Walking.walk() causes issues at Lumbridge.

Skinners

Hello. 

I wrote a question in the Babble chat, and it got attention very quickly, so I decided to make a topic about it.
    "I have noticed that the Walking.walk() method is extreamly bad when it comes to the stairs from lumbridge to the lumbridge bank. The minimap is spammed (for walk) when it is on the 1. floor. I made a "log("");" to see if it was my script doing something unexpected, but that is not the case. Any one have experienced the same? Otherwise I have not experienced any issues with the Walking.walk() before."

Another user @Deep Slayer mentioned the tree at Draynor mansion as well, which I have also experienced making my bots stuck. 

Do we have any solutions to this, or do we know the issue? I could make my bots favor another bank (like Draynor), but I dont think the best solution is to avoid the issue. 

I have this problem too! Take a look at this post and compare it to your code.

while (bankLocation.getCenter().distance() > 6) {
                if (Walking.shouldWalk(Calculations.random(2, 7))) {
                    Walking.walk(bankLocation.getCenter().getRandomizedTile(1));
                    sleep(50, 1500);
                }
            }

Can you post your starting Tile and walking to tile, plus the code exactly that you're calling so we can check it out :)

It sounds like you aren't sleeping between walk calls, so it's spamming?

Hey.
    I am sleeping in between calls, so this is not the case. 
    I walk to an area in the bank (4 tiles) however, the exact tile is choosen randomly by the Walking.walk(getRandomTile)
    My starting tile is always random, as it could be after fishing, mining, WC, questing etc. 
    I must add: I always use the same method to get there, but this "spam clicking" is NOT something that occur every time I get on 1. floor of Lumbridge. 

Snippet of code used: (The sleep() is +2000 ms).

Area bankArea = new Area(new Tile(3208,3218,2), new Tile(3210,3220,2));

if (!BankArea.contains(getLocalPlayer()) && Walking.isRunEnabled()) {
        Walking.walk(BankArea.getRandomTile());
        sleep(xx);

}

Edited by Skinners

^Just FYI - the code you posted above will only walk to bank if your run energy is enabled. (Don't know if intentional or not, but thought I would point it out)

Suggestion:

If you run out of energy it will just do nothing after that. You should probably remove that bit and just toggle run if it's above x amount so it will still walk if it's out of energy.

10 hours ago, Pandemic said:
    2 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

^Just FYI - the code you posted above will only walk to bank if your run energy is enabled. (Don't know if intentional or not, but thought I would point it out)

Suggestion:

If you run out of energy it will just do nothing after that. You should probably remove that bit and just toggle run if it's above x amount so it will still walk if it's out of energy.

Yeah I know, I just posted the running version of it :D 

Additional information: I can see in the console that the method is not called upon multiple times (even when the multiple clicks occur). 

• 1 year later...

Was this topic ever resolved? 

I am having the same issue with code below:

if (!Bank.isOpen()) {
        		Bank.open(BankLocation.LUMBRIDGE);
        		MethodProvider.sleepUntil(()->Bank.isOpen(),7000);
        	} //walk and keep walking to bank until arrived

1 hour ago, BeeMan42069 said:
    		if (!Bank.isOpen()) {
        		Bank.open(BankLocation.LUMBRIDGE);
        		MethodProvider.sleepUntil(()->Bank.isOpen(),7000);
        	} //walk and keep walking to bank until arrived

i bet it waits 7 seconds seconds before walking again, am i right?

2 minutes ago, camalCase said:

i bet it waits 7 seconds seconds before walking again, am i right?

The issue is that it will get "stuck" going between 1st and 2nd floor stairs while using the Bank.open API, which opens the walk API discussed in this thread.