Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Try asking for help in the chatbox
  • DreamBot CPU Issues


    7804364
     Share

    Recommended Posts

    Hey so I have been running a fairly simple script/farm on a windows server 2019 running Ryzen 9 3950X, for about 50 clients.

     

    The issue is some clients start using a lot more cpu then other clients, some clients running the script for just as long will use about ~<1% cpu,

    but a few clients will use like over 8% cpu for some reason doing the same things the under 1% cpu clients are doing. The majority of clients are using <2% cpu.

    I used Jconsole and the majority of the cpu is coming from dreambot itself and even after stoping the script it runs at high cpu until i close the client.

     

    I was wondering if @Pandemic or @Articron can look into this as I have asked other bot farmers and some are seeing the same issue as me.

     

    This needs to be fixed or botting large farms using DB is going to be not feasible and result in people switching bot clients.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, 7804364 said:

    Hey so I have been running a fairly simple script/farm on a windows server 2019 running Ryzen 9 3950X, for about 50 clients.

     

    The issue is some clients start using a lot more cpu then other clients, some clients running the script for just as long will use about ~<1% cpu,

    but a few clients will use like over 8% cpu for some reason doing the same things the under 1% cpu clients are doing. The majority of clients are using <2% cpu.

    I used Jconsole and the majority of the cpu is coming from dreambot itself and even after stoping the script it runs at high cpu until i close the client.

     

    I was wondering if @Pandemic or @Articron can look into this as I have asked other bot farmers and some are seeing the same issue as me.

     

    This needs to be fixed or botting large farms using DB is going to be not feasible and result in people switching bot clients.

    I've not seen this myself, is there a certain point of clients on one machine that this happens? Is it consistent to the account that it happens on? Is it from something in the script through DreamBot (eg: some getAll function)? Or is it the client itself? Is there anything being put out in the cmd or debug console? Are you on the latest client version, and have you double checked by running the launcher again?
    Did you see anything more specific than "it's the client" while debugging?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

    I've not seen this myself, is there a certain point of clients on one machine that this happens? Is it consistent to the account that it happens on? Is it from something in the script through DreamBot (eg: some getAll function)? Or is it the client itself? Is there anything being put out in the cmd or debug console? Are you on the latest client version, and have you double checked by running the launcher again?
    Did you see anything more specific than "it's the client" while debugging?

    Well im not going to have 50 cmd's open so im not checking for an error, when jconsole shows what is executing its something from the client not my script, and it happens are various points during the script. It is not account specific and during the cpu spikes there is 0 methods using the getAll functions. This has happened for other botters even @Nex this needs to be looked at more as a client issue then a script issue if its other people experiencing it. I have noticed sometimes it happens on the first client being setup so its not happening after x amount of clients. I am also running the latest version.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/2/2020 at 11:56 AM, 7804364 said:

    Hey so I have been running a fairly simple script/farm on a windows server 2019 running Ryzen 9 3950X, for about 50 clients.

     

    The issue is some clients start using a lot more cpu then other clients, some clients running the script for just as long will use about ~<1% cpu,

    but a few clients will use like over 8% cpu for some reason doing the same things the under 1% cpu clients are doing. The majority of clients are using <2% cpu.

    I used Jconsole and the majority of the cpu is coming from dreambot itself and even after stoping the script it runs at high cpu until i close the client.

     

    I was wondering if @Pandemic or @Articron can look into this as I have asked other bot farmers and some are seeing the same issue as me.

     

    This needs to be fixed or botting large farms using DB is going to be not feasible and result in people switching bot clients.

    Have your issues been resolved, or are you experiencing any other issues with the client? 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 6/10/2020 at 4:20 PM, icedotexe said:

    Have your issues been resolved, or are you experiencing any other issues with the client? 

    The cpu issues have been resolved, I have noticed on a few items it still does "Shake" the camera to interact with it.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.