Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Try asking for help in the chatbox
  • Script Queing


    Defiled
     Share

    Recommended Posts

    We had script queue'ing (well, script scheduler), but the scripters at the time were not interested in implementing the fact that you needed to be able to start their script from *anywhere* with *any* setup.

    It was causing bugs that were the scripters' responsibility, but was being put on the client, as people saw: "If it allows scheduling, it should work!"
    It has since been removed. It's possible that it will be implemented in DB3 when the time comes, where we'll likely have more strict script guidelines.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    16 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

    It's possible that it will be implemented in DB3 when the time comes, where we'll likely have more strict script guidelines.

    Bring forth the era of DB3, Lord Nezz. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

    We had script queue'ing (well, script scheduler), but the scripters at the time were not interested in implementing the fact that you needed to be able to start their script from *anywhere* with *any* setup.

    It was causing bugs that were the scripters' responsibility, but was being put on the client, as people saw: "If it allows scheduling, it should work!"
    It has since been removed. It's possible that it will be implemented in DB3 when the time comes, where we'll likely have more strict script guidelines.

    What if it worked like this:

    Have a default parameter to enable scripters to allow/disable queing in their script.

    Have a onQue method which sets the values of the GUI if the script has a GUI ofcourse, because I think it'll be difficult when it comes to queing scripts that run after a gui.... or like have a default setting for the guis or something...

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, ItsDefiled said:

    What if it worked like this:

    Have a default parameter to enable scripters to allow/disable queing in their script.

    Have a onQue method which sets the values of the GUI if the script has a GUI ofcourse, because I think it'll be difficult when it comes to queing scripts that run after a gui.... or like have a default setting for the guis or something...

    That's what quickstart parameters are for.

    Like I said, people see "script queue" and assume all of it works for every script, and when it doesn't, they PM me. It might be a thing in DB3, since at that point people would have to update their scripts regardless.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    6 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

    That's what quickstart parameters are for.

    Like I said, people see "script queue" and assume all of it works for every script, and when it doesn't, they PM me. It might be a thing in DB3, since at that point people would have to update their scripts regardless.

    Got it!

    Thank you for your efforts and hard work!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    7 hours ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

    We had script queue'ing (well, script scheduler), but the scripters at the time were not interested in implementing the fact that you needed to be able to start their script from *anywhere* with *any* setup.

    It was causing bugs that were the scripters' responsibility, but was being put on the client, as people saw: "If it allows scheduling, it should work!"
    It has since been removed. It's possible that it will be implemented in DB3 when the time comes, where we'll likely have more strict script guidelines.

    DB3 SOON ™️ 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 11 months later...
    On 10/17/2019 at 10:59 PM, Nuclear Nezz said:

    That's what quickstart parameters are for.

    Like I said, people see "script queue" and assume all of it works for every script, and when it doesn't, they PM me. It might be a thing in DB3, since at that point people would have to update their scripts regardless.

    Sinds DB3 is released now, will this be added? A script queue that supports params meby, that you make it like a timebased quickstarter? @Pandemic @Nuclear Nezz

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 hours ago, mbmaster said:

    Sinds DB3 is released now, will this be added? A script queue that supports params meby, that you make it like a timebased quickstarter? @Pandemic @Nuclear Nezz

    We are interested in a script scheduler, but not too sure on implementation at this time so it's sort of on the back burner for now.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.