Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Scripting 101

Hashtag

Paint

All about making the brilliant paint. (I wrote this section at 2am, please bear with me)

First of all, add this method in your script. All the example code below should be written inside this method.

EDOMKWB.png

Getting coordinates

A2wBEvC.png

Setting color

hTPh38c.png

Setting font

BnnvQE9.png

Drawing text

ZaI9t7L.png

Drawing rectangles

fy9cuHG.png

Drawing an image

nZ5uVpM.png

Drawing an in game tile

g2loaCS.png

The final product and full source

l8lIb1t.png

oTAQx0u.png

GUI

IMPORTANT FOR DB3 SUPPORT: Replace the createGUI() method call with SwingUtilities.invokeLater(() => createGUI());

Nearly all scripts have some kind of a GUI. GUI is the window that appears when you start a script. You input all kinds of info, such as which enemy to attack and should your bot use prayer or not. Now we will take a look at creating a GUI ourselves. We will not be using any kind of a form maker program. Creating a GUI can be sometimes very tedious, especially when you write it completely yourself without the use of a form maker. I personally use WindowBuilder, a plugin for Eclipse. It saves me a lot of time when making a GUI. 

Starting off

MvErrQg.png

The createGUI method

mRlh1GH.png

Adding different components

p0Tkr5W.png

The final product and full source

08GCQ4I.png

ZikZxTr.png

AbstractScript versus TaskScript

Let's take a peek at the differences between AbstractScript and TaskScript. I have written a basic powerchopper script in both frameworks and the sources are visible in the spoilers below.

Both of the scripts work the same way. Chops trees until inventory is full and then drops them.

AbstractScript source

KxXbeBF.png

TaskScript source

bxoyyWa.png

dTkbPb0.png

tgvnj87.png

Okay, okay, I've seen enough code. Now what are the differences?

As I said the scripts work exactly the same way. However, some scripters, like me, prefer to use the TaskScript framework. Why is that? Well... mostly because your code is spread in to different classes which makes it easier for you to modify your code. You also get the opportunity to set priorities to your nodes and understanding which piece of code is ran is easier. Of course this example script is very basic and short which makes the use of TaskScript an overkill. It is better to use AbstractScript on small scripts using either if-framework or state-framework.

EZsm2Ej.png

Feel free to request new tutorials.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

What other tutorial are coming soon.

I saw someone asking tutorial on using TaskScript on Discord chat so I decided to start with this. In the future I will create tutorials on the basic stuff such as how to interact with different objects in game and doing other cool stuff such as gui and paint. All ideas are welcome and I'll try my best to create a tutorial for it! =)