Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot 3 Teaser

Pandemic

I think the point is that if you think it looks distasteful, you should give an example of why and maybe an idea of what you'd prefer to see instead. Saying "sry it's bad" doesn't help us because we don't know what's bad about it.

Clearly there are biases among different groups on the forums, and obviously not a single person on this forum is going to give us a 100% honest answer because that's just what happens when you're the developer of the client. Scripters want you to be happy, users want you to like them, etc.

And then there's you.

See, Mad, you're on the unfortunate list of "people we don't listen to" not because you're "honest" and don't "sugar coat" things. It's because you're a nuisance that has no real valuable opinion on anything I've ever heard you say. The few times I've seen you seriously discuss something, it *still* ends up just you trying to piss somebody off or not knowing what you're talking about. If you're going to give us real criticism feel free. But I see enough of your "intelligible conversation" in UND. I don't want to see it on these forums, too.

TLDR: You're on the "you're a joke" list. gf

Go Nezz!

See, Mad, you're on the unfortunate list of "people we don't listen to" not because you're "honest" and don't "sugar coat" things. It's because you're a nuisance that has no real valuable opinion on anything I've ever heard you say. The few times I've seen you seriously discuss something, it *still* ends up just you trying to piss somebody off or not knowing what you're talking about. If you're going to give us real criticism feel free. But I see enough of your "intelligible conversation" in UND. I don't want to see it on these forums, too.

LOL, this is coming from the guy who you can't have a serious conversation with about anything because the only response you'll get is. 

"Youre so fucking autistic to even ask that" "Why the fuck are you even asking that, do you have autism?"

Obviously you have a business here and can't act like you normally do on the site, but don't act like your all high and mighty.

Anyway thats beside the point, I listed a few things i didn't like... mostly, it just doesn't look professional, does that need anymore explanation?

I agree with @Mad. To try to explain my opinion, all the icons like keyboard, mouse, etc. look to large and rounded. They could be changed to something simpler and "sharper".

LOL, this is coming from the guy who you can't have a serious conversation with about anything because the only response you'll get is. 

"Youre so fucking autistic to even ask that" "Why the fuck are you even asking that, do you have autism?"

Obviously you have a business here and can't act like you normally do on the site, but don't act like your all high and mighty.

Anyway thats beside the point, I listed a few things i didn't like... mostly, it just doesn't look professional, does that need anymore explanation?

Well just to be that guy. 

"mostly, it just doesn't look professional, does that need anymore explanation?"

What is professional? I was not aware professional is the explanation of a style. But you said "does that need anymore explanation", when you never explained anything at all; as professional is not a objective definition of any style. 

If you need to a refreshed as to what professional is defined as in the English language, I took the time to enlighten you:

SbJMwys.png

I'm always open to critique, but please learn from Mad mistakes, and construct non-subjective arguments. Otherwise it may just get ignored.

For example:

I agree with @Mad. To try to explain my opinion, all the icons like keyboard, mouse, etc. look to large and rounded. They could be changed to something simpler and "sharper".

The icons are grey-scaled transparent 48x48 PNG files, so the simpler argument I have some confusion with, as these are the most simple icons I could come up with. Now for sharper, that is just a matter of a image filter or two, so I can take that into consideration. But personally I hate sharp lines, so I will find some middle ground which makes both parties happy.

Either way, the feedback I have gotten on this client is just short of awesome. I'm really thankful for all the input.

Even though the primary focus of an upgraded/updated/new version of a client should be on improving the core functionality, I will give my input for the UI side of it, since that is pretty much the only 'peek' given (view-able screenshots) as of 7 months now (and you guys said that you have been working on it for a few months now - before this thread).

The new client doesn't, in my opinion, look like something that someone would pay for. Although, it is extremely better in comparison to the current one. It looks simple, user-friendly, neat, and easier on the eye than the current.

As for @Mad's comments on the professionalism, I believe that he is referring to the UI not looking skillful, in that he believes that the developers sit and watch UI videos all day everyday and should be producing content that is similar to people who actually have a profession in developing UI. In that, he is wrong for assuming such.

On a side note, @Notorious where did the idea of a spherical client go?????

Take a look at a few css frameworks such as bootstrap and semantic-ui. They are free and open source, with components that look professional. As in, clean lines, nice shadows, nice fonts etc. Everything is the correct size.

It's hard to explain, im not a UI designer by any means, but I can tell when something doesn't look great.

It doesn't look extremely good but it isn't that bad.

Functionality > Design

If it works and looks stupid. It ain't stupid.

Just hope you guys don't start popping up gold-farming adverts on startup like powerbot

It doesn't look extremely good but it isn't that bad.

Functionality > Design

If it works and looks stupid. It ain't stupid.

Just hope you guys don't start popping up gold-farming adverts on startup like powerbot

Design is what draws people in unfortunately.

Design is what draws people in unfortunately.

This ^, no one is gonna wanna use it if it doesn't look great. I mean look at Runemate, people flock to their new design

I think the point is that if you think it looks distasteful, you should give an example of why and maybe an idea of what you'd prefer to see instead. Saying "sry it's bad" doesn't help us because we don't know what's bad about it.

Clearly there are biases among different groups on the forums, and obviously not a single person on this forum is going to give us a 100% honest answer because that's just what happens when you're the developer of the client. Scripters want you to be happy, users want you to like them, etc.

And then there's you.

TLDR: You're on the "you're a joke" list. gf

You two should just start dating. (Unless you already are, and then sorry for ruining the surprise. ) 

I mean seriously... You two are constantly picking at each other. 

Archived