Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot 3 Teaser

Pandemic

Interesting, do you think there's enough people using linux who use DB?

Most people who are able to use linux that want farms larger than a single pc are going to use linux as it decreases overhead

No, as JFX doesn't mix well with some distros of linux.

If people stopped using open jdk and used the official oracle packages it would 

I was going to say that loading the GUI really doesn't have much of an impact, but then Mad agreed with me, and I just can't have that.

jk

Seriously though, short of literally not loading a single thing about runescape, you're not going to save CPU. I mean *maybe* you might save like 1%? RS is the thing that takes 95% of the CPU, scripts take the other 5%

But we can take a look into it and test it out, there's no harm in that. If we do see any difference in CPU at all then we may as well add it in. But if we do it and literally nothing changes don't expect it to be a feature :P

just kiss me already

Yeah the majority of gold farmers use Linux, so it's a pretty big deal :)

It only applies to older distros though. Probably >95% of Linux users have a compatible distos

IMO clients that look minimalistic and almost "bare" like Tribot look the best. Its probably not a very popular opinion, but rounded buttons are eh at best. What does it matter what it looks like anyway? We are all excited for the stuff that actually matters.

IMO clients that look minimalistic and almost "bare" like Tribot look the best. Its probably not a very popular opinion, but rounded buttons are eh at best. What does it matter what it looks like anyway? We are all excited for the stuff that actually matters.

Again neb. Looks matter alot. Many bots can gain/lose people simply by looks.

It only applies to older distros though. Probably >95% of Linux users have a compatible distos

That number is highly exaggerated, and if that was the case we would still be using it like we did in DB1.

But this exact problem occurred before; and to counteract it, we switched to using the Swing library and don't plan on going back.

Again neb. Looks matter alot. Many bots can gain/lose people simply by looks.

I'm not too sure I think many other factors such as script selection/reliability matter more to people.

Archived