Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Any positive stories about not getting banned?

onamission

Im a noob to the bot life but it seems all I ever see around here are mad people who got banned. Are there any people here who have been doing this for awhile, maybe trained one or more skills to 99, and have not gotten the hammer?

I've been here for a year and considering how many complaints there are I was very surprised that bans are fairly rare. Imo it's a vocal minority :) Those who get banned are more likely to make a post about it, and those who are successful would rather keep their profits to themselves than let people know about it.

Very much depends on your end goals, over the past year i have successfully trained multiple accounts to 99 in many skills including Agility & Runecrafting without many bans. Gold farming is a totally different beast as you are optimizing for output over bans so ban rates are expected to be higher for those methods.

Imo it all comes down to trail & error to find a good method that works and to not get greedy with the amount of time botted each day on each account or by botting a bizzare method. If your chopping trees in F2P with no variation 24x7 i think you kinda expect the ban at that point.

Equally quality of script does play a part, scripts with high usage counts such as free scripts or scripts that have been out a while definately trigger more bans than scripts with lower usage counts or even private scripts. 

Edited by TheCloakdOne

4 hours ago, TheCloakdOne said:

Equally quality of script does play a part, scripts with high usage counts such as free scripts or scripts that have been out a while definately trigger more bans than scripts with lower usage counts or even private scripts. 

The way this reads sort of sounds like a ML anti-cheat mechanism. I know no one knows but it is interesting to consider the possibility that the system in place to catch botters is a continuous and automatic feedback loop, or some other model.

I agree with what Sub said, the people who get banned are generally a salty vocal minority.

Botting for most people is a for profit venture, so to an extent everyone is a competitor.  Generally people will help and try and push them in the right direction when the blame the client.  If it were the client a lot of these high quality scripters wouldn't even bother with Dreambot.  The quality of this client is what attracts these scripters.

That being said no one is going to hand a salty person a script with low ban rates and decent profit just to prove the client isn't the issue lol.  Botting rewards those with either deep pockets who can afford quality scripts, people with good problem solving and logic skills (our scripters), and those who just get lucky.

On the topic of ban rates and clients, I don’t think there’s much of a difference in each clients premium offerings, I.e. covert, mirror, cloak, etc. You can likely be successful regardless of the client you use. Much of the public botting clients have their own user base for a reason. So that is to say someone, somewhere is having their successes otherwise those clients wouldn’t exist. I can’t speak for this client specifically because some time ago I’ve moved to and currently use a different client but of all the botting clients to choose, DreamBot should be a solid pick once you get your footing. :)

Edited by UberJason

• 10 months later...

Kinda curious if i can play a normal account on here without using bots and see if the bans are still there.

Edited by iBlinkAlot
    Felt like i was a bit aggressive and uninformed

1 hour ago, iBlinkAlot said:

Kinda curious if i can play a normal account on here without using bots and see if the bans are still there.

What do you mean, do you mean like bot an account up to high stats without targeting one skill in particular or do you mean playing RS on the Dreambot client?

1 hour ago, RSMasterGuard said:

What do you mean, do you mean like bot an account up to high stats without targeting one skill in particular or do you mean playing RS on the Dreambot client?

correct, i wonder if i just play normally on the dreambot client if there is still a ban. 

3 hours ago, iBlinkAlot said:

correct, i wonder if i just play normally on the dreambot client if there is still a ban. 

Not from my experience so far, however I like to play on the runelite client incase their is something checking what client we are using to legitimize a few bots after a long run.