Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • 3 Months smoke free after more than 10 years of smoking!

GreenTruck

I'm 25 now, Smoked since i was 13? (Shit i know) , heavilly probably since 16.

Anyways. So if you smoke, you know that we've all  "Tried" to stop, i've personally " tried" maybe 5 times, all failed.

This time, i thought about it differently, psychologically, you know, enough already. This is what triggered it ( Although i'm a doctor and seen people's lives get drastically shit due to smoking ) this is what trigerred it, take a puf, don't blow it yet , grab a piece of tissue, and blow directly on the tissue, so it's literally stuck to your lips. so basically blow out of one end of the tissue, and let it come out of the other, after one ... single puff, the tissue is actually dark, ugly. yellow. EVERY single puff we take, that's the color you're adding to lungs that have been working hard for god knows how long. So i saw that, i had one last smoke, and decided, that's it.  no more, now, if you really want to stop. Try this.

1) THROW EVERY FREAKING PIECE OF SMOKING EQUIPMENT IN YOUR TRASH, POUR DISGUSTING EXPIRED LIQUID OVER IT. (Now, the disgusting part... well, despite our addictions, very few of us want to smoke, or even pick a ciggarete up from a trash that has been sleeping in a mud of expired green youghurt, sorry for the graphics.

2) Don't use anything to help you ( no gum , no pills , no patch, nothing ) . Many doctors advise the use of this. Now, reason why i discourage it. If you use gum, it'll lead you to 2 places, you'll either get addicted to gum, or go back to smoking once you stop gum. You need to train your brain to not need anything to fight this addiction. So if you stop for 8 hours. You can tell yourself that you stopped because you did it yourself, not because the nicotine patch helped you.

3) First few days : Are hell. Not because your physical addiction is making it hell, it's your psychological addiction doing it. For 10 years of my life, i smoked after EVERY meal, after 5 seconds of waking up, before sleeping, when stressed, when feeling awkward, before drinking dr pepper, with beer and the list goes on. So after doing that for so long, it becomes a psychological addiction as well. What i did.... i did the one thing that i usually don't smoke during ( might be different than you ) , i stayed in bed all day, watch seasons front to back , for a few days. Obviously i'm slightly exagerating, since i got up, went to bathroom, ate etc. But even then, when i ate, i didn't bloat myself ( Because god... smoking is nice after a nice bloat ) .

4/5th day onwards : You start feeling much better about yourself. But, You will still miss smoking, This is something that you should know, Smoking will very often be missed, even after 3 months of stopping. But, here's the catch, when you miss smoking after 10 hours of not smoking, it's extreme " Missing " and you want it more than ever. Now... when i miss smoking, it's a few seconds thought, and bam, goes away. So if you feel like you miss smoking, that's very normal, distract yourself, and you will feel better within less than a minute.

What i did on top of that : On the 1st of every month ive stopped . Calculator comes out ( Or your jars that you coded to make you forget about smoking ) and i count roughly what i saved by not smoking. Then go and buy something sexy! For me, it was a microphone ( I'm a part time musician , recording microphones aren't cheap) .  For you , it might be a graphics card, an ssd, a guitar, you name it. Smoking isn't cheap, by quitting, you will have more money to spend. When you stop, tell people that care about you, when you miss smoking, tell them that you miss it, tell them to tell you that it's ok  etc.Now i will stop talking about smoking because i'm missing it, but.... guess what, it'll go away......... NOW.

Last thing i want to say : The biggest reward this has given me, is a peace of mind , If i cough... or have chest pain, or feel tired, or run out of breath quickly. I will never blame my stupid self for it, because of smoking. Because... i don't smoke anymore! So, i don't know if that will be rewarding for you, but whenever i would get a sore throat, and my tonsils swell up, i would blame myself, because smoking causes tonsil irritation, now i'm not saying my tonsils aren't going to ever be golf balls again... But if they do, i'll think to myself , it hapenned, life hapenned, it was out of my control. I didn't freaking give myself disease directly!

If any of you want to really quit and need help, i'll try my best.

I never smoked in my life, but I just wanted to say that people tend to have habits.

So smoking is not only addictive because of the nicotine, but mostly a habbit.

I've also been smoking since I was 13 I'm now 23 the longest stint on being a non smoker was about 5 months and the thing that helped me most was vaping. Non nicotine vapors because I found the motion of putting a cigarette to my mouth was a huge part of my addiction. Goodluck staying away from cancer sticks you can do it!

Glad to hear you beat it, I started smoking when I was 17 and quit fully about a year and a half ago so I was only smoking for about three years. I still use an e-cig but I feel like they're safer just from my own experiences with my health.

The first few days are definitely the worst ;)

cheers to good health man! You must feel like a brand new person with all that oxygenated blood running through your veins.

I quit smoking 2-ish months ago, but I still break down hardcore when im around a family member that smokes. That's something i really need to work on.

cheers to good health man! You must feel like a brand new person with all that oxygenated blood running through your veins.

I quit smoking 2-ish months ago, but I still break down hardcore when im around a family member that smokes. That's something i really need to work on.

Hey, That hapenned to me, be an asshole. If your family member doesn't realiz that it bothers you, then tell him that it does, i've told everyone in mine that no smoking occurs in my room anymore.

Thanks everyone else!

Did not smoke a cigarette for like 5-6 weeks and now i've been smoking 1-4 cigarettes a day lately, its really hard but at least i dont smoke a pack a day like i used to..

I know it's a psychological addiction.

Archived