Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Can jagex detect client finally answered!

donttouchme

Well I have allso thought that bot clients are not dectable but if you logg in to runescape using any other client then runescapes website, client and maybe osbuddy you will get "flagged" by flagged i mean that they look more in to you for information to see if you are botting, You can have a full legit account and login to dreambots client and be "flagged" but because you are not botting on the account they get no information that you are botting so you wont get banned for it. Thats why i think mirror mode bot clients works great but because you are still botting and they get information from you, you will still be banned but you will not get "flagged" instantly.

To say that Jagex CAN'T detect the client is...lol...too broad of a thing to say.. They can detect aspects within the client, however.

The only reason they don't check every single account is cuz of the resources it would take to do so... and the losses it would carry for them if they banned every single botter.

I always thought why not make a botting software that would use the actual runescape client itself like a form of overlay system ??

I always thought why not make a botting software that would use the actual runescape client itself like a form of overlay system ??

>rid

Please keep your posts relevant to the discussion at hand, and keep the trolling to a minimum. If you want to troll, go to spam.

OT:
    Clients *can* be detected. Whether they are or they aren't is the actual question. I do not believe they detect the actual client, my thoughts being based on when we were testing the original covert mode.

This used invoking a method in the gamepack rather than actually interacting with the game screen. The fact that I got several 99's and only got banned when I was reported suggests that the environment you run the game in is not a factor in their automated systems.

I do think how you interact with the game is/can be used. The fact that invoking the method bypassed the automated detection system suggests that their automated detection systems lie somewhere between where you click and where the actual interaction was called.

Of course, between those two things there's a lot of send this data, send that data, and all of it is a jumbled farking mess in the gamepack. 

But it's information like this that pointed me in the direction of what we're currently doing with covert.

All I can say is: I have met plenty of people that have botted and not gotten banned; But I've never met a person that didn't bot and still got banned for macroing.

It's all about the sophistication of the script you're using as well as the amount of time you spend online. There is a guy in lumbridge who can tell you how much time you've spent in game and the amount of days since you've made your account. For instance, I've spent 19 days 22 hrs online out of the 32 days since I made my account and I haven't been banned. I also attribute it to the fact that the only public script I use is Pandemic's Fighter. All other scripts I use I make personally for myself.

TL;DR depends on how long you're online and how sophisticated the script is, as well as the amount of other people using that script.

Remember, your main goal is to look as human as possible. Playing 20 hours a day 7 days a week would be almost impossible for anyone. Playing 12 hours a day with 12 hour breaks is a bit more believable. It's all about how you utilize your time spent in game as well as what you spend it doing. Don't bot one thing for too long.

Sure you can bot for 3 to 5 days at a time without getting banned... but what happens when you get reported? 

Archived