Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Client Switching Question

qf3

Do you think switching between DB client and RuneLite Client (within minutes) raises chance of ban? Its easier to play legit on RuneLite client, so I prefer to do my manual hours there. May be a dumb question but Im curious to know.

9 hours ago, qf3 said:

Do you think switching between DB client and RuneLite Client (within minutes) raises chance of ban?

no, i do this for development and nothing bad comes of it & if jagex could tell the difference between runelite and dreambot botting would not exist

Bot 100% and no more problem switching client 🙂

Until then! I don't know. Some people believe Jagex analyzes login/logout times to place sleep patterns into place and such manual playing and botting combination may result in bans like leaving it on overnight. Not related to switching clients but another variable to consider for bans in your situation.

There could be an impact, my main account was switched between DB and RL and was banned, but, admittedly, I did botting on DB at the time, so who knows.

1 minute ago, lfscomic said:

There could be an impact, my main account was switched between DB and RL and was banned, but, admittedly, I did botting on DB at the time, so who knows.

that sounds more like a delayed ban rather than the fact you switched clients.

• 6 months later...
    On 6/17/2022 at 10:44 PM, camalCase said:

no, i do this for development and nothing bad comes of it & if jagex could tell the difference between runelite and dreambot botting would not exist

Which begs the question, why doesn't Jagex implement some sort of ticket validation system for each "approved" client? That would nearly wipe out bots that use proprietary clients and it'd also help Jagex in their mission of "The Final Solution To The 3rd Party Client Question".

Eventually I'm sure it'd be possible to spoof ticket validation, but I suspect it'd be at least a year.

Edited by CaS5