Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Running dreambot through .bat

Invidious

My client keeps freezing so I wanted to add more memory than the launcher allows. My .bat is as follows:

java -jar client.jar -Xmx3048M

When I launch the client through the bat none of my On-paint strings,  player coordinates & etc appear. Is there a line that i'm missing above to make these things appear?

6 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

java -jar %homepath%\DreamBot/BotData/client.jar -username yourOwnUsername

I have these settings but my onpaint method still doesn't show up on screen when using a batch file to start the client.

Example code:

public void onPaint(Graphics g)
        {
            scriptRT = System.currentTimeMillis() - this.scriptBT;
            g.drawString("Some timer: " + conVer(scriptRT), 1, 20);
            g.drawString("Current Task: " + currentTask,1,75);
            g.drawString("Current State: " + currentState,1,100);
            g.drawString("Idle Counter: " + idleCount,250,100);
        }

2 hours ago, Invidious said:

I have these settings but my onpaint method still doesn't show up on screen when using a batch file to start the client.

Example code:

public void onPaint(Graphics g)
        {
            scriptRT = System.currentTimeMillis() - this.scriptBT;
            g.drawString("Some timer: " + conVer(scriptRT), 1, 20);
            g.drawString("Current Task: " + currentTask,1,75);
            g.drawString("Current State: " + currentState,1,100);
            g.drawString("Idle Counter: " + idleCount,250,100);
        }

You need the -Xbootclasspath argument as well
    Like:
    java -jar %homepath%\DreamBot/BotData/client.jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\you\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -username yourOwnUsername

14 hours ago, Neffarion said:

You need the -Xbootclasspath argument as well
    Like:
    java -jar %homepath%\DreamBot/BotData/client.jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\you\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -username yourOwnUsername

Thanks for taking the time to help but it is still not working. The only difference now between your batch and mine is the java path. For some reason no matter how many times i change the path in windows settings java isnt recognized. So i have to use the direct path.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_241\bin\java.exe" -jar %homepath%\DreamBot/BotData/client.jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\Admin\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -Xmx3048M -username username -password password

Ive managed to fix my java path so now its just what it should be. I wonder if its these warnings before the client fully launches

java -jar %homepath%\DreamBot/BotData/client.jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\Admin\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -Xmx3048M -username username -password password

SgclpAj.jpg

12 hours ago, Invidious said:

Ive managed to fix my java path so now its just what it should be. I wonder if its these warnings before the client fully launches

java -jar %homepath%\DreamBot/BotData/client.jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Users\Admin\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -Xmx3048M -username username -password password

Those warnings don't mean much.

Honestly I don't even know what they refer to.

Did you get your issues resolved?

25 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

Those warnings don't mean much.

Honestly I don't even know what they refer to.

Did you get your issues resolved?

The the attached picture is what i'm referring too. If i use a batch file to launch these do not show up. If i launch through the launcher they do

Capture.PNG

I may be wrong but it seems that you initialize your objects in onStart(), but when you use quickstart it calls onStart(String...strings)
    A quick solution, to that would be to call onStart() in onStart(String...strings)

Archived