Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Hacked after almost 24 hours of use

sho0o0o00kon3

So a little background on me, I've been botting off and on since pre-EOC. I've used several different botting programs from Runemate to Tribot to RiD, and now Dreambot. In all these years of botting I've absolutely NEVER had anything stolen off any of my accounts. Fast forward to last night when I stumbled upon an old skiller I hadn't played on in several years (last login was over 2,000 days ago.) I thought hmm, this would be a perfect account to bot some hunter with since it already has a decent enough hunter level. Next I decided to research the latest and greatest botting program since they've changed so much over the years and that's how I found DreamBot. Within a couple hours I had purchased membership for my skiller, downloaded DreamBot, found a good hunter script (Manly Hunter), and started the bot for the first time. After tweaking a couple of the settings and turning on breaks, it seemed to be running pretty well. I left it running and went to bed for the night. Next morning I woke up and checked my PC to see that it was still going strong and had over 6 hours of run-time on the counter (awesome!) I decided I would leave it running the whole day I was at work. Today while I was at work I decided to remote access my PC and see how it was running. To my surprise it was STILL going and now had almost 16 hours on the counter, needless to say I was pretty impressed. A little later after that I remote accessed my PC for the second time and found out my skiller was out of box traps and that the character had gone idle. I decided to go ahead and stop the script at that point and log out because I would have had to go to the bank to get more box traps. Fast forward to an hour ago I decided to log back in to my skiller, grab more boxes, and run the script overnight again. Well to my surprise the account had just previously logged out 18 minutes ago and right away I knew something was wrong because I am the only person with the account information and the last time I logged in was a few hours ago. To wrap things up, after clicking the continue button I was standing in a place I had not logged out of previously, with my cash and items gone from the bank. To be quite honest I find this sort of amusing because all I had on the account so far was approx. 2k red chins and less than 1m GP. If it were me, I would have waited until the person reached 10k+ chins before doing anything. Also, before anybody tries to say "it's not the client, it's your PC, etc etc" I always keep my PC safe by using Keyscrambler to prevent from being keylogged, and Malwarebytes to pick up on anything else. Also, if my PC had been keylogged or ratted, I am sure they would have took everything from my other accounts as well. Which have NOT been touched at all.

/Endrant

20 minutes ago, sho0o0o00kon3 said:

So a little background on me, I've been botting off and on since pre-EOC. I've used several different botting programs from Runemate to Tribot to RiD, and now Dreambot. In all these years of botting I've absolutely NEVER had anything stolen off any of my accounts. Fast forward to last night when I stumbled upon an old skiller I hadn't played on in several years (last login was over 2,000 days ago.) I thought hmm, this would be a perfect account to bot some hunter with since it already has a decent enough hunter level. Next I decided to research the latest and greatest botting program since they've changed so much over the years and that's how I found DreamBot. Within a couple hours I had purchased membership for my skiller, downloaded DreamBot, found a good hunter script (Manly Hunter), and started the bot for the first time. After tweaking a couple of the settings and turning on breaks, it seemed to be running pretty well. I left it running and went to bed for the night. Next morning I woke up and checked my PC to see that it was still going strong and had over 6 hours of run-time on the counter (awesome!) I decided I would leave it running the whole day I was at work. Today while I was at work I decided to remote access my PC and see how it was running. To my surprise it was STILL going and now had almost 16 hours on the counter, needless to say I was pretty impressed. A little later after that I remote accessed my PC for the second time and found out my skiller was out of box traps and that the character had gone idle. I decided to go ahead and stop the script at that point and log out because I would have had to go to the bank to get more box traps. Fast forward to an hour ago I decided to log back in to my skiller, grab more boxes, and run the script overnight again. Well to my surprise the account had just previously logged out 18 minutes ago and right away I knew something was wrong because I am the only person with the account information and the last time I logged in was a few hours ago. To wrap things up, after clicking the continue button I was standing in a place I had not logged out of previously, with my cash and items gone from the bank. To be quite honest I find this sort of amusing because all I had on the account so far was approx. 2k red chins and less than 1m GP. If it were me, I would have waited until the person reached 10k+ chins before doing anything. Also, before anybody tries to say "it's not the client, it's your PC, etc etc" I always keep my PC safe by using Keyscrambler to prevent from being keylogged, and Malwarebytes to pick up on anything else. Also, if my PC had been keylogged or ratted, I am sure they would have took everything from my other accounts as well. Which have NOT been touched at all.

/Endrant

Before blaming DreamBot, Hacking OSRS Accounts isn't limited to keylogging, you can still get hacked through phishing or the many ways crackers have ironically set-up a trap for you. Are you sure you haven't tried to log onto your account using a link given to you by someone?

Also have you been account sharing in the past? 

I can 100% assure you that it's not the client's fault... thousands of people use DreamBot everyday.. and none have experienced a problem like yours till date.

So it could be either of these 2 possibilities:

1) Caused by something on your side (Done by you actively or passively)

2) Account details phished using the script (Which I HIGHLY DOUBT MANLY WOULD DO)

EDIT: You trying to justify that it's the client's fault by saying that you have been botting since pre-eoc isn't sufficient enough to prove its the Client's fault..

1 minute ago, Defiled said:

Before blaming DreamBot, Hacking OSRS Accounts isn't limited to keylogging, you can still get hacked through phishing or the many way crackers have ironically set-up a trap for you. Are you sure you haven't tried to log onto your account using a link given to you by someone?

Also have you been account sharing in the past? 

I can 100% assure you that it's not the client's fault... thousands of people use DreamBot everyday.. and none have experienced a problem like yours till date.

So it could be either of these 2 possibilities:

1) Caused by something on your side (Done by you actively or passively)

2) Account details phished used script (Which I HIGHLY DOUBT MANLY WOULD DO)

First of all I do appreciate your reply. Without going into too much detail, I've done certain things in the past so you take my word that I am not naive when it comes to phishing. As I mentioned in the OP, I am the only one who knows the login details for this account so it definitely wasn't somebody I know.

Regardless of this happening, I am going to give this client the benefit of doubt and continue using it to see what happens. I've changed the password, and removed it from the "manage accounts" section of the client to see if that makes a difference.

2 minutes ago, sho0o0o00kon3 said:

First of all I do appreciate your reply. Without going into too much detail, I've done certain things in the past so you take my word that I am not naive when it comes to phishing. As I mentioned in the OP, I am the only one who knows the login details for this account so it definitely wasn't somebody I know.

Regardless of this happening, I am going to give this client the benefit of doubt and continue using it to see what happens. I've changed the password, and removed it from the "manage accounts" section of the client to see if that makes a difference.

No worries dude.

The best thing you just did is change the password because the fact that your account hasn't been logged onto for 2k hrs highers the chance that its sitting on a cracked accounts pile somewhere, trust me.. a lot of botters here suicide cracked accs and these cracked accs are being bought from crackers that have huge lists of cracked accs.

Crackers do not allow the change of password or email, they just sell the accounts as is and this is the most likely the reason to how you got "Hacked".

Removing the account from "Manage Accounts" won't do you any good as the accounts in that tab are saved locally.

Lastly,

I would like to wish you the best of luck on your botting journey!

and Welcome to the DreamBot Community!

Did you use any unofficial scripts? Those aren't tested and could be malicious, though I doubt if they are malicious whoever published them is no longer actively listening for data to come in since many of them are older scripts.

Public SDN scripts are safe to use, because their source code is read throughout to make sure nothing malicious is added on the SDN. Local scripts or private scripts on the other hand can not be assured to be safe; they're not scanned.

As long as you've only used the scripts we offer though our SDN, you got hacked some other way, for example by a phishing site. However, I'm going to read through the source of the hunting script just in case.

The account login information you save in the client's account manager is encrypted and stored only locally.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you.

Archived