Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dreambot client FAQ

Articron

Some of the information below is outdated, you can find an up to date guide here:
    https://dreambot.org/guides/

Dreambot client FAQ

What is Dreambot?

Dreambot is a automation/macroing client for the game Oldschool Runescape. The client can complete ingame tasks (such as mining, fishing), with the goal of money making or gaining skill experience.

How do I run Dreambot?

The Dreambot client is written in a programming language called Java (the same language Oldschool Runescape is written in). In order to run the client, you will need two things:

1. The Dreambot client which can be found  here 
    2. Java 8 which can be found here (note: You need Java 8. 9.X/10.X might cause issues)

When launching the Dreambot client, you will see the following interface pop up:

jiB0KNKwQFuNdmP1oLSJoQ.png 

If you're unable to start the client, please refer to the question "I can't run the Dreambot client". 

After pressing "Launch Client", the client should pop up and load a fresh instance of Runescape as shown below:

KWs4k6hiSsa21MhcKjBAnQ.png 

I can't run the Dreambot client?

There can be many reasons as to why you can't run the client. Below you can find the most common problems and  solutions to this problem:

1. You don't have Java 8 installed on your computer. 
    You can download Java 8 here.

2. You have a program other than Java that is trying to open the Dreambot client (a .jar file). This is a common problem with software like Winrar.
    If you can't seem to run the client with Java, your best option is to download and run the program Jarfix. After running Jarfix, this problem should be resolved. 

3. Sometimes all you need is a fresh start.

There's not a single piece of software in the world that has never bugged. Dreambot is no different. Before asking for further assistance, try the following:

- Go to your user folder (For example: C:\Users\Matthew\)
    - Remove the Dreambot folder
    - Start the client

How do I add scripts to Dreambot so I can use them?

You can add scripts to your Dreambot client by heading to the Dreambot Script Store. On this webpage, you can browse through any/all scripts that are available for public use.

We make a distinction between three sections:

1. Free scripts

Free scripts are... well.... free. You can add them by clicking on the "Add script" button.

rhaxBZthT5qHUDpqzYblzQ.png 

2. Premium/paid scripts

These scripts cost money (sometimes on a monthly basis) to use. If you want to learn about the different possibilities of paying for a script, check "How can I purchase scripts?". 

3. VIP scripts

These scripts are for VIP members only. You can become a VIP by going to this page.

After adding your script on the store webpage, you'll recieve a prompt message saying the script was added to your client. Now head  over to your client and open up the script panel by hitting the play button on the bottom:

3ckT1vmGRRSPsz8DtW3EdQ.png 

And click the "Free scripts" tab:

FxbIxZg-SiuCqjC1-IxPow.png 

Click the script you wish to run, and click start. The script should start as intended!

Under  construction...

• lily pinned this topic

I can't use jarfix on my MacOS, the launcher is in .jar form though. When I try to open the dowloaded 'jarfix.exe' it comes up with "The contents of the file 'jarfix.exe' can not be extracted with this program."

Is there a version of jarfix I can use for mac? I've downloaded java 8.

Edited by SgtShrub
    adding info and asking specific question

• 4 months later...
    • 3 years later...