Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Online scripting/programming lectures

Articron

So as some of you may know my current IRL job revolves around giving lectures about a wide variety of programming topics.

I'm still growing into the teaching role, and I think it would be beneficial if I could improve on this (trust me, teaching is a skill in itself) whilst also helping out the (aspiring) scripters on Dreambot.

So what I had in mind is to arrange these online programming "lectures" to help/teach people about scripting/programming. Obviously this isn't "the real deal" as its online and not an IRL class, but I think it would still be beneficial for both me and the people learning :)

I just want to know if there would be an interest in these online lecturing sessions. I'd have like an online voice chat room where I'd explain concepts etc, and give you exercises to work on (which we can revise on the next session) I would chop up the lectures depending on levels:

- Beginner: No prior programming experience

• Class structures
    • Control flow
    • Primitive datatypes

- Novice: You wrote your first woodcutting script

• Enumerations
    • Object orientation (basics)
    • How to read an API

- Intermediate: You're planning to pass the S+  test, and thus need to be on top of your game (especially because the S+ test is actually pretty challenging for most now Cx )

• Common data structures
    • Polymorphism/inheritance
    • Modularity
    • Bitwise operations (basics)
    • Common pattern designs (in regards to what is useful for scripting)
    • Common java functions that will make your life easier
    • And more... (Can't disclose it all due to test contents)

- Experienced: You're planning to pass the S++ test, and thus need to not only be on top of your game, but you intent to join me on an excursion to the amazon rainforest as you descent into madness and despair. Tl;dr: Tackle CS-level topics.

• Number formats
    • Algorithmic thinking + code translations
    • Advanced data structures
    • Generics
    • More pattern designs
    • Bitwise operations (advanced)
    • Concurrency
    • Functional programming
    • And more... (Can't disclose it all due to test contents)

So yeah, any interest in this at all? If its just one person per class then that'd make it not really worth it y'know  :P

I would be interested in this as well, but my schedule is pretty busy. Could you perhaps record the lectures and put them up on youtube as suggested?

Archived