Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • ETC OR BTC?

spaxxii

soo as opic title says, ETC OR BTC?

so i were planing to start to fill a wallet, but what curency should i use?
    And why, what and how should i use it insted of the other one.

Everything to help me out Thx :)

If you're doing it as an investment rather than to use for spending, then both as well as litecoin. If you want it to use for online purchases or anything like that then its probably easier to just go btc.

ETC is the origonal ETH. Ethereum forked off because they wanted to go back on a Smart Contract someone failed to implement properly, but that reverted some of the transactions and proved Ethereum was essentially controlled by the developer who made that choice. Very few people use ETC anymore so I would avoid it.

BTC is having huge drama issues over their transactions, so if you don't know what you're doing you could get very well fucked. As someone else said, for spending and using as money ETH (Ethereum) or LTC (Litecoin) is what you want to use.

With that said, they are absolutely not the best. ETH actually does something very special called a "Smart Contract", which you don't actually have to worry about, whereas LTC was origonally a fork off of BTC that fixed BTC's shit and avoided the drama.

If you want a coin with a future there's plenty of really good ones, namely Monero (the only legit anonymous coin) and Vertcoin (the most decentralized coin with the cheapest feasible transaction fees).

TL;DR, for functionality purposes buy ETH or LTC. Investmentwise or anonimity, Monero is a guarentee. Techwise, Vertcoin.

ETC is used by almost no one this days, it has no future, very little active development, wouldn't recommend spending money on it

Ethereum (ETH) however is MUCH more than just a currency, not only it is fast but it also acts as a framework to decentralize various things, like applications, or even (web) search engines for instance. Smart contracts are the future there, so you can have an idea, the system/framework is so flexible that someone managed to send a ZCash (another cryptocurrency) transaction through the Ethereum test network. (source)

The level of development it is being given is above any other crypto, as they are also going to implement a good and reliable proof of stake system (Casper) among other things, which will change the stupid mining scene for good (for ETH at least).

If you are going to invest, invest on something that has a future.

LTC doesn't seem very appealing, its just BTC on steroids.

BTC is just BTC, most used, first used, but no other uses apart from just being a currency.

And Binance started rising, I told you first ;)

soo as opic title says, ETC OR BTC?

so i were planing to start to fill a wallet, but what curency should i use?
    And why, what and how should i use it insted of the other one.

Everything to help me out Thx :)

If you're doing it as an investment rather than to use for spending, then both as well as litecoin. If you want it to use for online purchases or anything like that then its probably easier to just go btc.

;)

• 1 month later...

And Binance started rising, I told you first ;)

If you bought binance the day I told you (28th September) you would now have doubled your investment!

Archived