Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • New Rule/Policy Suggestions

Donald Trump

Discord:

Rule:

• In order to chat, PM or do anything on Discord you must be verified.

New Implementations:

• Put the highest restriction on non-verified people on discord. 
    • Add a new rank called "Trade with Caution".
    • Allow trusted non-staff to add people to verified & make a google docs that show a screenshot of the PM.

Current Problems:

• Discord is becoming the new platform for scammers.
    • Several impersonators are present on discord.
    • EDIT: People should be more confident with the people they're interacting with on Discord.

Market:

New Implementations:

• If a suspicious situation occurs such as a new member purchasing 100 codes from a reputable one then attempting to pawn them off at a loss occurs then the new member will be put on "Trade with Caution" on discord & forums. 
    • A new market post that has a updated list of people on "Trade with Caution" that explains why they're on it.
    • If someone has submitted a negative feedback that suggests the person has scammed that person. The staff will force that individual to submit a dispute and depending on that dispute may put the person on "Trade with Caution"
    • If a dispute seems legit then the person is immediately put on "Trade with Caution".

Current Problems:

• I'm sure several people have noticed that scammers have too long to scam, once something suspicious happens to the time they get banned is far too long. The suggested implementations above should reduce this.
    • People aren't submitting disputes because the person knows they won't get their GP back or whatever it is. This should be stopped immediately and all persons should be forced to submit disputes or face consequences such as 2 day bans or warning points.

Please reply below with your opinion with what I suggest above and anything else you can think of. As I said before nothing will change unless the community wants it bad enough. If you don't have anything else to add then +1 the topic to show you agree.

I agree with most things you say. The marketplace could benefit from stricter regulations on trading. It's not to discourage newcomers, but rather encourages them to build up their reputation here over time. People should feel rewarded for investing themselves into this community and building up their reputation.

It is admirable that the staff members here do not issue bans until something is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. But a lot of these scams could have been prevented in the first place. Simple restrictions that forbid newcomers from trading high-risk items could have prevented most of the most recent scams that have occurred on this forum. Accounts, membership codes, etc. (Also note that membership codes will be expiring soon anyway, so I don't expect these regulations to ever be implemented in time to suit my personal agenda.) Private scripts are already regulated in such a way, because they are a high-risk, high-contention item to trade. The right to sell private scripts on this forum must be earned. It is reasonable to suggest that this can also be applied to other high-risk traded items.

If such regulations were to be applied, newcomers would still be welcome to trade things such as gold. Gold is an easy item to trade and can safely be transacted via middlemen. As gold is the most frequently traded item on any forum, it's not as though newcomers are being barred from a huge aspect of the marketplace.

Definitely, the process for punishing scammers is too lengthy such that they are given too much time to do their damage. To begin, I think off-site bans and punishments should be considered more seriously. Very few of these people, who have been banned off-site for scamming, come here with the intention of being honest.

Though, I do disagree with the following:

• People aren't submitting disputes because the person knows they won't get their GP back or whatever it is. This should be stopped immediately and all persons should be forced to submit disputes or face consequences such as 2 day bans or warning points.

I don't think anyone should be obligated to report under the threat of punishment. That's borderline fascist ideology. It's not people's jobs, as users, to be moderating the community. If this were to be implemented, we may as well be punishing the people who are going out of their way to enable these scammers. (I.E., preferring to buy from a high-risk seller rather than trusted seller)

I agree with most things you say. The marketplace could benefit from stricter regulations on trading. It's not to discourage newcomers, but rather encourages them to build up their reputation here over time. People should feel rewarded for investing themselves into this community and building up their reputation.

It is admirable that the staff members here do not issue bans until something is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. But a lot of these scams could have been prevented in the first place. Simple restrictions that forbid newcomers from trading high-risk items could have prevented most of the most recent scams that have occurred on this forum. Accounts, membership codes, etc. (Also note that membership codes will be expiring soon anyway, so I don't expect these regulations to ever be implemented in time to suit my personal agenda.) Private scripts are already regulated in such a way, because they are a high-risk, high-contention item to trade. The right to sell private scripts on this forum must be earned. It is reasonable to suggest that this can also be applied to other high-risk traded items.

If such regulations were to be applied, newcomers would still be welcome to trade things such as gold. Gold is an easy item to be trade and its trades can easily be moderated via middlemen. As gold is the most frequently traded item on any forum, it's not as though newcomers are being barred from a huge aspect of the marketplace.

Though, I do disagree with the following:

I don't think anyone should be obligated to report under the threat of punishment. That's borderline fascist ideology. It's not people's job, as users, to be moderating the community. If this were to be implemented, we may as well be punishing the people who are going out of their way to enable these scammers. (I.E., preferring to buy from a high-risk seller rather than trusted seller)

It's to encourage people to dispute their transactions that have gone south. That's when staff normally become aware of it, without people disputing the scammers last longer until someone is pissed enough that they dispute it to ensure that the community is aware of it. If we don't force people to at least show someone has scammed them then that is supporting the scammers and encouraging more. It is clear these membership codes have been the most recent target but once these end  in a couple days the scamming will continue with accounts and anything else that's easy to pull in at least 1 unfortunate person.

I can't comprehend why people can be so selfish to the community than to NOT dispute / make us aware officially that something has occurred. Calling that borderline fascist ideology is pretty rich considering that most of time people are too selfish to even make an official dispute, forcing people to do it is the right step forward to having a better marketplace/community overall. 

It's to encourage people to dispute their transactions that have gone south. That's when staff normally become aware of it, without people disputing the scammers last longer until someone is pissed enough that they dispute it to ensure that the community is aware of it. If we don't force people to at least show someone has scammed them then that is supporting the scammers and encouraging more. It is clear these membership codes have been the most recent target but once these end  in a couple days the scamming will continue with accounts and anything else that's easy to pull in at least 1 unfortunate person.

I can't comprehend why people can be so selfish to the community than to NOT dispute / make us aware officially that something has occurred. Calling that borderline fascist ideology is pretty rich considering that most of time people are too selfish to even make an official dispute, forcing people to do it is the right step forward to having a better marketplace/community overall. 

Most of the scams are being committed by new accounts with little reputation. Even if they were banned, the scammers would come back on new aliases. The best solution here is preventative measures. Raising the barrier of entry would make these scams not worth the amount of effort. It'd also make reporting scammers a much more rewarding and meaningful experience. Reporting and getting a new account banned feels almost futile. You know the person is going to come back on another account. But reporting and getting a veteran aged account banned is something else entirely.

The idea of obligating people to report others under the threat of punishment is unnecessary and should be very unpopular with most people. If our intended goal is to gather community support, it'd be best to not take such a polarizing stance. A real life parallel of your suggestion would be that we are now all obligated to report on any criminal activity we see. Failure to do so makes us complicit. This is akin to how any police state operates. If your friend is caught to be disloyal to the party, then you are punished too for not having reported him to the authorities. And the same police state will tell you that it is for the greater good and security of the community. It is selfish and damaging to society for people to not be reporting on the activities of their peers.

Most of the scams are being committed by new accounts with little reputation. Even if they were banned, the scammers would come back on new aliases. The best solution here is preventative measures. Raising the barrier of entry would make these scams not worth the amount of effort. It'd also make reporting scammers a much more rewarding and meaningful experience. Reporting and getting a new account banned feels almost futile. You know the person is going to come back on another account. But reporting and getting a veteran aged account banned is something else entirely.

The idea of obligating people to report others under the threat of punishment is unnecessary and should be very unpopular with most people. If our intended goal is to gather community support, it'd be best to not take such a polarizing stance. A real life parallel of your suggestion would be that we are now all obligated to report on any criminal activity we see. Failure to do so makes us complicit. This is akin to how any police state operates. If your friend is caught to be disloyal to the party, then you are punished too for not having reported him to the authorities. And the same police state will tell you that it is for the greater good and security of the community. It is selfish and damaging to society for people to not be reporting on the activities of their peers.

Alright you have persuaded me, that specific suggestion doesn't really solve the problem at hand. But increasing the barrier to entry is part of the solution.

• If a suspicious situation occurs such as a new member purchasing 100 codes from a reputable one then attempting to pawn them off at a loss occurs then the new member will be put on "Trade with Caution" on discord & forums. 

Not sure what the issue with this is, let me know if you can explain but I see nothing wrong with them wanting to sell them for cheap if they want to, it's their codes surely they can do with them as they please?

Not sure what the issue with this is, let me know if you can explain but I see nothing wrong with them wanting to sell them for cheap if they want to, it's their codes surely they can do with them as they please?

The person purchased 100 for like $1.50 each then said they would sell them bulk for $1 each. You're saying that looks "OK"?

If adding a TWC rank i think it should be made more obvious aswell, just a PIP seems to be ignored by alot of people ive noticed...

mabey add something extra like this: 

d6776824ec8583a55d4458fa844e3bbe.png If IPB allowes this ofc (got no idea), if not mabey a forced profile change just to make it abit more obvious

or people just learn to look better when it comes to getting scammed but lets be honest that's never gonna happen

The person purchased 100 for like $1.50 each then said they would sell them bulk for $1 each. You're saying that looks "OK"?

They bought them from a trusted person, so the codes are ok, they sell themf or $1, they might just want feedback, I fail to see the problem if they choose to sell them cheaper

Archived