Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • "Account locked because we suspect it is stolen"

Bmc

Why do you guys even bother with proxies? I've had way more success not using them at all.

Sometimes I go 2-3 weeks with no bans 12-18 hours per day on level 3 accounts. Am I just getting lucky?

(I run up to 10 accounts on my home IP)

Why do you guys even bother with proxies? I've had way more success not using them at all.

Sometimes I go 2-3 weeks with no bans 12-18 hours per day on level 3 accounts. Am I just getting lucky?

(I run up to 10 accounts on my home IP)

About the same using proxies. Just expect chain bans when using so many accounts per ip

About the same using proxies. Just expect chain bans when using so many accounts per ip

When I do get banned I only lose a few accounts (2-3/10)

I never have multiple accounts doing the same thing though either.

I believe more in zone-bans

When I do get banned I only lose a few accounts (2-3/10)

I never have multiple accounts doing the same thing though either.

I believe more in zone-bans

I understand, makes sense to me.

I've noticed like 1/8 accounts will get banned on the same ip

• 1 year later...
    On 7/27/2017 at 11:09 AM, Rubick said:

It looks like the main factor is the quality of the proxies being used. Does anyone know of a successful proxy service? All 10 of my proxies are flag i'm 99% sure. I can't get a single account off tutorial island before lock and/or ban.

i have  people manually make me accounts   , then i login and walk them to the Ge and i get kicked off the account and it gets locked.

• 1 year later...
    On 7/27/2017 at 6:09 AM, Rubick said:

It looks like the main factor is the quality of the proxies being used. Does anyone know of a successful proxy service? All 10 of my proxies are flag i'm 99% sure. I can't get a single account off tutorial island before lock and/or ban.

Hi guys, I am just getting back into the botting scene after taking a 7+ year break from Runescape. I am in no way an expert at all and this is just my opinion. With that said, I've spent HOURS running through botting forums and this is a common problem. Seems very few people truly know the "answer" to get by this and those who do are not willing to share (makes sense as more profit for them). But I think this guy is on to something. I think a lot of the proxies we use are already flagged. There are "residential" IPs and "datacenter" IPs, which most of us use. A quick google will tell right away if your ip is residential or not. So my belief is that Runescape will "flag" accounts that are using these cheap datacenter proxies. Lets be real why tf would a regular player use a datacenter proxy to play the game? They wouldn't. Anyways thanks for reading, anybody with more info please share haha, we just wanna bot w/o dealing with locked accounts every damn time <3

• 6 months later...

greetings im not sure on this but in my case i wasnt botting at all just using dreambot client for the proxy so far made 3 accounts on with 2 i play first one i did some botting on a proxy got banned the moment i ran the script used different proxy for creating the other one logged in there hadnt done tut island not even set a name there got locked twice the only thing that stayed the same was me using dreambot as a client trough wich to play osrs i dont know but im just thinking that a differance in the dreambot client is being detected by jagex even if not botting and that is being used to lock accounts while i have not fully tested that theory it is possible to run a signature test and lock all traffic from x signature so that woulld mean they have to treat the dreambot client itself as a virus to do such a thing 

i dont know about other clients but my best guess is that they do the same with any botting client if they automate detection in such a way or even if a comunity of players that are anti bot woulld create ai to automate such a thing that woulld in theory be enough to make that happen theoretically speaking also it woulld prevent new software to be created to a large extent aswell if automated well enough 

tho there is no wat of knowing if this is at all the case i have heard about several player initiated anti bot offensive's that are ai based in the past like poeple building their ai bot to spot other bots or automating a large ammount of things based on a list of known botting clients to where even running osrs trough such a client without scripts gets you auto locked tho i dont know if same goes for bans aswell 

hope this is at least somewhat valuable information that helps out at least a little most of what ive heard are just rumours tho the ai part i know that a comunity of players is busy with such a thing simply because of youtube 

that banning on proxies is also a big possability and i do know jagex uses proxies and vpn detection in their anti botting measures so even legit poeple using vpn gets them locked even playing legit osrs cause it messes with that inplemented system 

tho i doubt much of this is news to alot of you i dont know how wide spread the ai part of my mssg is known to the botting comunity 

ps i dont know if dreambot still uses some sort of injection but if so ive heard that that is making it more easy to get banned so mabey re think the design tho i dont have enough coding exp to help with that since alot of what i know is mainly theoretical not practical hope this info helps out somewhat 

just tested the same proxy not trough dreambot and that seems to work so at least in my case im certain it was not due to my proxy wich hightens the possability of the signature thing mabey tho as with my previous post its just a guess

Archived