Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • A pug Tutorial - How to install Eclipse

Pug

ok so again i saw a few people having issues getting eclipse set up so im here to give you the basics to get up and running scripting.

Preparation:

1. Uninstall all java versions from your computer.

2. Do this by going to windows button > control panel > uninstall a program > java > right click uninstall (different for mac / linux users)

3. restart your machine

4. navigate to : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

5. accept Oracles licence terms

6. Download the correct version for your operating system

7. run the file, and install.

8. proceed to installing Eclipse below:

Installing Eclipse:

2. Click on either 32Bit/64Bit/Mac/Linux depending on your system of the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
    3. Click on the mirror that is correct for your country mine being the UK
    4. open the file that has downloaded in your own un zipping program such as winRAR
    5. Extract all the files into a new folder in your program files directory or if your like me i just did it to my desktop.
    6. Download DreamBot if you havent already from this link: http://dreambot.org/DreamBotLauncher.php
    7. Now to open Eclipse for the first time by finding the purple circle Eclipse shape in the folder you extracted to desktop/programfiles
    8. Double click on the 'Eclipse' application shortcut in that folder and it will begin to boot up.
    9. It will ask you to choose your workspace. pick a place you can access easily such as my docs or desktop
    10. press ok and it will boot up.
    11. now top left click on File > New > Java Project
    12. In the window that opens type ' Dreambot ' into the project name and click NEXT
    13. in the next window click on the Libraries tab ( 3rd one along )
    14. Then click on the ' Add External JAR's '
    15. now navigate to: C:\Users\name\DreamBot\BotData\ and double click on ' Client.jar '
    16. click finish and you are ready to script.

If you havent learnt any java yet please head to youtube and learn the basics.

thanks,
    :pug:

Hey pug, one question: How do i set the output .jar NAME to my project name automatically when i export the project to a .jar file?

• 4 months later...
    • 4 months later...

How do you get Dreambot on Eclipse? I have Eclipse downloaded and opened I just don't know how to get Dreambot on there to start scripting

How do you get Dreambot on Eclipse? I have Eclipse downloaded and opened I just don't know how to get Dreambot on there to start scripting

build path add external archive then link it to the client.jar

4e61bf68d41a1d5bf4573dc58e5eb906.png

Nothing happens when I right click. I'm new to Eclipse and don't know where the features are. I'm just doing the Java tutorial right now so I don't know where anything is for Eclipse is or how to do anything

Archived