Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Virtual Machines

y ew

7 hours ago, camalCase said:

does jagex collect your data? yeah of course. does the old school runescape java client collect hwid resulting in chain bans for accounts on the same hardware? no

I don't understand what you're saying. You're first saying they do collect data, but they don't?

They do collect hardware data... They say so on their site.

On 7/27/2023 at 10:09 PM, camalCase said:

the old school runescape java client, the one dreambot for its bot :3

does jagex collect your data? yeah of course. does the old school runescape java client collect hwid resulting in chain bans for accounts on the same hardware? no

I remember back in the day they would write a file with a UUID along side the cache to determine if accounts originated from the same computer. Cba to check but isn't this the case anymore?

y ew has some valid points. I don't see how you can say "Jagex don't collect the HWID and use it to assist chain-bans" without providing some certain proof to back that statement up.

How else would you know?

Better safe than sorry in botting, assume they are doing everything they can to stop us. Quoting the privacy statement is a good way of referencing the information you believe to be true. The other guy is just blindly claiming things.

12 hours ago, Zenz101 said:

I remember back in the day they would write a file with a UUID along side the cache to determine if accounts originated from the same computer. Cba to check but isn't this the case anymore?

yeah random.dat still exists but every client ik of has features to handle it, on dreambot that would be fresh start

On 7/30/2023 at 7:16 PM, faygo said:

i just read this thread and my brain had an aneurysm 

Welcome to another Internet forum.