Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Hacked, Possibly by the dreambot client.

rowdycraig

I've been running a script with dreambot client just fine, no issues for about a week and a half. Recently my osrs account was hacked and all the valuable items were taken off. I have 5 accounts that all share the same password and the only one hacked was the dreambotting account. Kind of suspicious if you ask me. Items weren't cherry picked, they even took the slayerhelm (I) lol.

How long have you been using the same password? If you even used the same combination of password and email ever in your life it could have been database breached in the website you haven't used in years. Then someone got the list and cracked your account. Highly doubt that Dreambot has anything to do with this.

Hey, which scripts have you been using? The scripts are reviewed for malicious code, but I can double check the scripts you've used.

I suggest you to run a virus scan on your computer and changing your passwords after the scan.

I've been using Dreambot for over 6 years with no issues whatsoever in terms of account security.

The more likely explanation is that you searched for and downloaded other botting clients around the same time as you got hacked, one of which was disguised as a botting client but contained a Trojan.

Check your download history and carefully review everything you did up to the time you got hacked. Carefully check which site you downloaded whatever you downloaded from, and whether the site itself was a knockoff or legitimate. Also check your Windows Event Viewer for logs/details that line up with the time you got hacked.

On 7/5/2023 at 11:20 PM, rowdycraig said:

I've been running a script with dreambot client just fine, no issues for about a week and a half. Recently my osrs account was hacked and all the valuable items were taken off. I have 5 accounts that all share the same password and the only one hacked was the dreambotting account. Kind of suspicious if you ask me. Items weren't cherry picked, they even took the slayerhelm (I) lol.

Get a bank pin next time. Your account may be hacked but items would be safe until you recover.