Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dealing with depression

Swaq

It seems that you don't have much experience with people. Not everyone is the same as you nor do they have the same thoughts. The arrogance in this thread is hilarious.

Of fucking course they have pondered suicide, but they have never WANTED to commit it. There's a difference. If you disagree, become more worldly and return.

You'd be surprised with my social circle.

Evidently you either don't know English or didn't actually read my post. I never said the act of COMMITTING suicide was condonable, just that the concept is something incredibly intriguing to ponder.

This is such an arrogant post, my younger brother is 18 and has been dealing with depression for the past 2 years, there doesn't have to be a cause for it, your brain can be wired completely differently to everyone else's. Something that has happened to you in the past can trigger it and you may have no idea why yourself. My brother has been sectioned 3 times for trying to take his own life, Doctors are constantly trying to switch his medication to keep his mood from dropping, only 3 weeks ago i  went downstairs to find him extremely dazed. Little did i know he had taken a full bottle of his medication, he is only supposed to take 1 and they help him calm down and get rest for the night, he had taken over 20. He collapsed right in front of me as i helped him up so i had to ring an ambulance and he had to be rushed into A and E and was out cold for 16 hours whilst they monitored his breathing and heart rate. The amount he took could of knocked out an elephant, last week i came home from work to find him sat on his bed in tears slicing open his arm with a knife, when he was asked why alls he could say was he wanted to die, can you imagine feeling that way that nothing in your life is worth living for? That even with the ones who love you most around you it isn't enough to carry on?. If you think people are "bitches" because they have depression then you are indefinitely a total cunt.

You have no idea what it not only does to a person but what it does to a family, it is literally tearing my family apart and then there is people like you who say people need to quit being a bitch. You will never understand it unless you have to deal with it, so next time before you write a witty comment think about the people it affects and how many lives it takes. I have so many more horrible memories of incidents that have happened.

This is all very personal and i would not normally share but i feel like some people need to be educated.

The point behind my post flew right over your head. Nice sob story though, apparently you're the only person in the world who's ever experienced hardship. Do I feel sorry for you due to your situation? Yes. Does it have anything to do with my post? No.

Evidently you either don't know English or didn't actually read my post. I never said the act of COMMITTING suicide was condonable, just that the concept is something incredibly intriguing to ponder.

The point behind my post flew right over your head. Nice sob story though, apparently you're the only person in the world who's ever experienced hardship. Do I feel sorry for you due to your situation? Yes. Does it have anything to do with my post? No.

"that suicide has never even slightly tempted them"

This, in fact, implies that someone is considering committing suicide. I'm not going to try to help you understand what Varc and I are saying. It's clear that you are relatively young and haven't really been out in the world much. There's an insane difference between person to person in this regard. 

Sorry, but if your life has consisted of high school and the internet, you're not very cultured nor wise to the ways of the world. Hell, if you're under the age of 20, I'd say your life hasn't even begun.

Not a sob story nor am i saying i am the only person to deal with hardship. You said if somebody shows signs of depression people rush them into a psychologists office, if the signs were caught sooner with my brother maybe it could of been tackled sooner and things may of panned out differently.

"that suicide has never even slightly tempted them"

This, in fact, implies that someone is considering committing suicide. I'm not going to try to help you understand what Varc and I are saying. It's clear that you are relatively young and haven't really been out in the world much. There's an insane difference between person to person in this regard. 

Sorry, but if your life has consisted of high school and the internet, you're not very cultured nor wise to the ways of the world. Hell, if you're under the age of 20, I'd say your life hasn't even begun.

Poor wording on my part, I will freely admit that, but I would have assumed it would have been easy to realized what I was trying to convey. Obviously my posts have been targeted at a biologically "correct" if you will person, not someone with a serious mental problem.

Nice personal attacks, I remember when I was 16 with a keyboard.

Not a sob story nor am i saying i am the only person to deal with hardship. You said if somebody shows signs of depression people rush them into a psychologists office, if the signs were caught sooner with my brother maybe it could of been tackled sooner and things may of panned out differently.

Yes, and in 90% of cases it's the right thing to do however in some circumstances it causes more harm then good. Yes someone with a serious illness should be immediately be taken to someone who specializes in their specific case but most of the time it just gives the individual an excuse to accept a lazy lifestyle and live for nothing.

This is such an arrogant post, my younger brother is 18 and has been dealing with depression for the past 2 years, there doesn't have to be a cause for it, your brain can be wired completely differently to everyone else's. Something that has happened to you in the past can trigger it and you may have no idea why yourself. My brother has been sectioned 3 times for trying to take his own life, Doctors are constantly trying to switch his medication to keep his mood from dropping, only 3 weeks ago i  went downstairs to find him extremely dazed. Little did i know he had taken a full bottle of his medication, he is only supposed to take 1 and they help him calm down and get rest for the night, he had taken over 20. He collapsed right in front of me as i helped him up so i had to ring an ambulance and he had to be rushed into A and E and was out cold for 16 hours whilst they monitored his breathing and heart rate. The amount he took could of knocked out an elephant, last week i came home from work to find him sat on his bed in tears slicing open his arm with a knife, when he was asked why alls he could say was he wanted to die, can you imagine feeling that way that nothing in your life is worth living for? That even with the ones who love you most around you it isn't enough to carry on?. If you think people are "bitches" because they have depression then you are indefinitely a total cunt.

You have no idea what it not only does to a person but what it does to a family, it is literally tearing my family apart and then there is people like you who say people need to quit being a bitch. You will never understand it unless you have to deal with it, so next time before you write a witty comment think about the people it affects and how many lives it takes. I have so many more horrible memories of incidents that have happened.

This is all very personal and i would not normally share but i feel like some people need to be educated.

@Swaq the best thing you can do is try your very hardest to break that cycle, that is what we are trying to do with my brother. I am sure you are on the site and in the chat box so much as it is an escape and you are able to communicate with people. I would highly recommend looking for a part time job, it will allow you to interact and meet new people, jobs lead to friendships then meeting other people through those friendships and so on. In regards to not speaking about it, that is the key if you don't communicate what is wrong with you to people then you are alone with your own thoughts (that is the worst thing for any human being), you need to let it out and talk, because you'll realise you are not alone and that people can support you. It is nothing to be embarrassed about buddy, if you want to talk further feel free to pm me your Skype, nobody should have to go through depression alone.

SORRY about the long post.

Wow, I'm so sorry about your brother Varc ! I hope he recovers and finds meaning for his life soon, he is on this earth for a reason and he needs to understand that. But everything happens for a reason, good or bad. I know he will recover, it's a long road but there wouldn't be obstacles in your life that you couldn't overcome.

Listen man, I used to go through the exact same thing as you, and now I am because I have issues with my parents. But when I felt like I was doing nothing with my life... I bought textbooks on things such as electrical engineering, etc, and believe it or not when you don't have the pressure of being in college you learn a lot easier because it's interest not trying to grind facts into your mind..

Honestly, find something that interests you, research the FUCK out of it, with a textbook outside on a nice day! and make a project out of it. If you can, find a friend to do the same, if you can't, then you learn to be independent in life. You will feel MUCH better about yourself, trust me. Do it up bro!

It's called life. Everyone's such a bitch nowadays at the first inclination someone shows of being depressed society suddenly rushes them into a psychologist's office to help them with their "problem". If you grow up without the thought of suicide every once and awhile you're not a human being.

No, this isn't a sarcastic post.

Well ye i got your point, but i also know few people who had real problems, idk if its depression or not but for them its really hard to take care of it by their own.

I've had bad things in my life including hurting myself, idk if it was depression, i felt hopeless cant really describe it lel but yh it passed and came back few times.

@Swaq

I ask myself why am i only one programmer in the whole neighborhood , why i dont meet my irl friends like they do, why i stay at home for days not going outside, this creates depression feelings for sure but then i like to switch questions:

Why no one is in meh neighborhood programming - Dem bitches dumb.

Why people loose time meeting each other everyday - they could do something productive meanwhile...

Why people can't focus on work/learning for few days, there will be always time for party...

And generally i feel better after dat xD Shitty way but it helps me.

Well ye i got your point, but i also know few people who had real problems, idk if its depression or not but for them its really hard to take care of it by their own.

I've had bad things in my life including hurting myself, idk if it was depression, i felt hopeless cant really describe it lel but yh it passed and came back few times.

@Swaq

I ask myself why am i only one programmer in the whole neighborhood , why i dont meet my irl friends like they do, why i stay at home for days not going outside, this creates depression feelings for sure but then i like to switch questions:

Why people loose time meeting each other everyday - they could do something productive meanwhile...

Why people can't focus on work/learning for few days, there will be always time for party...

thats a pretty neat approach haha 

@Swaq

You can work, learn new things, program and also hang out with people. Just need to organize your times

Archived