Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dealing with depression

Swaq

:facepalm: Do you even lift

https://www.youtube.com/user/strengthcamp

Uh, yeah? I tend not to speak on things I have no knowledge of.

It's called life. Everyone's such a bitch nowadays at the first inclination someone shows of being depressed society suddenly rushes them into a psychologist's office to help them with their "problem". If you grow up without the thought of suicide every once and awhile you're not a human being.

No, this isn't a sarcastic post.

I don't think this is the case at all. I have many friends who have never had suicidal ideation. I've discussed the matter with them and they simply don't understand it at all.

Uh, yeah? I tend not to speak on things I have no knowledge of.

I don't think this is the case at all. I have many friends who have never had suicidal ideation. I've discussed the matter with them and they simply don't understand it at all.

You're not doing it right.

Maybe get a pet? :)

I would highly recommend not bringing another living animal into your life until you're in a good place.

Source: Roommate bought a dog because he was highly depressed/anxious. His therapist in fact "prescribed" the dog as a therapy dog. Dog is highly neglected and sad. 

I would highly recommend not bringing another living animal into your life until you're in a good place.

Source: Roommate bought a dog because he was highly depressed/anxious. His therapist in fact "prescribed" the dog as a therapy dog. Dog is highly neglected and sad. 

I guess it depends on the level of depression. If it's just the feeling of loneliness and a slight depression a pet might be good but if you're extremely depressed you need meds to straighten your chemical balance out.

If you're not happy with how things are currently, make a change to it. Try out some new activities, find something you enjoy; if you already know what you enjoy, pursue that to see if it makes you feel any better than you are currently.

Swizz I have to disagree, the thought of ending my own life has never been and never will be a option. Now that is not to say I don't think about death; because I do all the time, and it fascinates the fuck out of me.

Before ending my life, I would will literally go live in the fucking mountains solo, living off nothing but berries and sticks trying to survive; if I don't at least ,I did everything I could do to live.

Humans have evolved socially to the point where our social status determines how we feel about ourselves, which is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. I see it we have one life, no one knows what is really "right" or "wrong", and no matter what is after this life enjoy the time you have left in it because it is a very high chance you won't be coming back.

Note:

I'm also weird as fuck, and my contribute to my personal situation.

Also I notice people saying go outside, go to the gym, go try something new. But honestly do whatever you think sounds fun, even if it's just sitting in the dark watching old movies, everyone is different. You know what makes you happy, and what makes you sad, so use that to your advantage. Do what you think will make you happy, and ignore what others say because I really want to emphasize no one knows what is right or wrong, so technically your always right in the way you choose to live your life.

Excellently stated.

Rereading my post it seems to come off quite harsh which wasn't my intention. My point was that anyone with an open mind has at least in one point in their lives pondered unconventional ideas such as ending their existence. Instantly escape your fears, not care about anything, just feel nothing (if you can even feel when you're dead, you get my point). Anyone that states otherwise, that suicide has never even slightly tempted them, is either lying to themselves or are so close minded they view a 9-5 job and living paycheck to paycheck as an acceptable lifestyle.

Read above. It seems you surround yourself with dimwits.

Excellently stated.

Rereading my post it seems to come off quite harsh which wasn't my intention. My point was that anyone with an open mind has at least in one point in their lives pondered unconventional ideas such as ending their existence. Instantly escape your fears, not care about anything, just feel nothing (if you can even feel when you're dead, you get my point). Anyone that states otherwise, that suicide has never even slightly tempted them, is either lying to themselves or are so close minded they view a 9-5 job and living paycheck to paycheck as an acceptable lifestyle.

Read above. It seems you surround yourself with dimwits.

It seems that you don't have much experience with people. Not everyone is the same as you nor do they have the same thoughts. The arrogance in this thread is hilarious.

Of fucking course they have pondered suicide, but they have never WANTED to commit it. There's a difference. If you disagree, become more worldly and return.

It's called life. Everyone's such a bitch nowadays at the first inclination someone shows of being depressed society suddenly rushes them into a psychologist's office to help them with their "problem". If you grow up without the thought of suicide every once and awhile you're not a human being.

No, this isn't a sarcastic post.

This is such an arrogant post, my younger brother is 18 and has been dealing with depression for the past 2 years, there doesn't have to be a cause for it, your brain can be wired completely differently to everyone else's. Something that has happened to you in the past can trigger it and you may have no idea why yourself. My brother has been sectioned 3 times for trying to take his own life, Doctors are constantly trying to switch his medication to keep his mood from dropping, only 3 weeks ago i  went downstairs to find him extremely dazed. Little did i know he had taken a full bottle of his medication, he is only supposed to take 1 and they help him calm down and get rest for the night, he had taken over 20. He collapsed right in front of me as i helped him up so i had to ring an ambulance and he had to be rushed into A and E and was out cold for 16 hours whilst they monitored his breathing and heart rate. The amount he took could of knocked out an elephant, last week i came home from work to find him sat on his bed in tears slicing open his arm with a knife, when he was asked why alls he could say was he wanted to die, can you imagine feeling that way that nothing in your life is worth living for? That even with the ones who love you most around you it isn't enough to carry on?. If you think people are "bitches" because they have depression then you are indefinitely a total cunt.

You have no idea what it not only does to a person but what it does to a family, it is literally tearing my family apart and then there is people like you who say people need to quit being a bitch. You will never understand it unless you have to deal with it, so next time before you write a witty comment think about the people it affects and how many lives it takes. I have so many more horrible memories of incidents that have happened.

This is all very personal and i would not normally share but i feel like some people need to be educated.

@Swaq the best thing you can do is try your very hardest to break that cycle, that is what we are trying to do with my brother. I am sure you are on the site and in the chat box so much as it is an escape and you are able to communicate with people. I would highly recommend looking for a part time job, it will allow you to interact and meet new people, jobs lead to friendships then meeting other people through those friendships and so on. In regards to not speaking about it, that is the key if you don't communicate what is wrong with you to people then you are alone with your own thoughts (that is the worst thing for any human being), you need to let it out and talk, because you'll realise you are not alone and that people can support you. It is nothing to be embarrassed about buddy, if you want to talk further feel free to pm me your Skype, nobody should have to go through depression alone.

SORRY about the long post.

This is such an arrogant post, my younger brother is 18 and has been dealing with depression for the past 2 years, there doesn't have to be a cause for it, your brain can be wired completely differently to everyone else's. Something that has happened to you in the past can trigger it and you may have no idea why yourself. My brother has been sectioned 3 times for trying to take his own life, Doctors are constantly trying to switch his medication to keep his mood from dropping, only 3 weeks ago i  went downstairs to find him extremely dazed. Little did i know he had taken a full bottle of his medication, he is only supposed to take 1 and they help him calm down and get rest for the night, he had taken over 20. He collapsed right in front of me as i helped him up so i had to ring an ambulance and he had to be rushed into A and E and was out cold for 16 hours whilst they monitored his breathing and heart rate. The amount he took could of knocked out an elephant, last week i came home from work to find him sat on his bed in tears slicing open his arm with a knife, when he was asked why alls he could say was he wanted to die, can you imagine feeling that way that nothing in your life is worth living for? That even with the ones who love you most around you it isn't enough to carry on?. If you think people are "bitches" because they have depression then you are indefinitely a total cunt.

You have no idea what it not only does to a person but what it does to a family, it is literally tearing my family apart and then there is people like you who say people need to quit being a bitch. You will never understand it unless you have to deal with it, so next time before you write a witty comment think about the people it affects and how many lives it takes. I have so many more horrible memories of incidents that have happened.

This is all very personal and i would not normally share but i feel like some people need to be educated.

@Swaq the best thing you can do is try your very hardest to break that cycle, that is what we are trying to do with my brother. I am sure you are on the site and in the chat box so much as it is an escape and you are able to communicate with people. I would highly recommend looking for a part time job, it will allow you to interact and meet new people, jobs lead to friendships then meeting other people through those friendships and so on. In regards to not speaking about it, that is the key if you don't communicate what is wrong with you to people then you are alone with your own thoughts (that is the worst thing for any human being), you need to let it out and talk, because you'll realise you are not alone and that people can support you. It is nothing to be embarrassed about buddy, if you want to talk further feel free to pm me your Skype, nobody should have to go through depression alone.

SORRY about the long post.

This was a great read!

Archived