Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Bot goes rogue, please help

Arkain

Hey for those reading this,

I've been coding private db scripts for over a year now and sometimes i come acros some weird client behavior wich i cannot explain, thats why i start this topic.

Im running 50-70 accounts a day with 5-6 scripts that i coded myself, on an optimal day i have 0 errors and i can run this 20hours a day without a single problem.

Now, sometimes there is some weird thing happening... Lets say i run 10accounts with one script (areas are defined within this script), 10 of them will walk to draynor if needed because its coded that way... now it might be possible that one of those 10 goes "rogue" and defines another path to go to  instead of going to draynor village it might go to al kharid for no reason what so ever...

if i open dreambot console to see the log that i created for that part of the script, it will say: "walking to draynor village " because it is defined within this script, but while specating this "rogue" bot, spamming "Walking to draynor village" in console, it actually walks everywhere except to draynor village xd   

So my question is, is this related to anything you guys can think of??? cpu, ram or even delayed reaction in proxy connection?

Thanks for taking the time reading this, cant find a way to solve this (-_-)ゞ

help or insights are appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Arkain said:

Hey for those reading this,

I've been coding private db scripts for over a year now and sometimes i come acros some weird client behavior wich i cannot explain, thats why i start this topic.

Im running 50-70 accounts a day with 5-6 scripts that i coded myself, on an optimal day i have 0 errors and i can run this 20hours a day without a single problem.

Now, sometimes there is some weird thing happening... Lets say i run 10accounts with one script (areas are defined within this script), 10 of them will walk to draynor if needed because its coded that way... now it might be possible that one of those 10 goes "rogue" and defines another path to go to  instead of going to draynor village it might go to al kharid for no reason what so ever...

if i open dreambot console to see the log that i created for that part of the script, it will say: "walking to draynor village " because it is defined within this script, but while specating this "rogue" bot, spamming "Walking to draynor village" in console, it actually walks everywhere except to draynor village xd   

So my question is, is this related to anything you guys can think of??? cpu, ram or even delayed reaction in proxy connection?

Thanks for taking the time reading this, cant find a way to solve this (-_-)ゞ

help or insights are appreciated. 

That is a very strange scenario.......

Hmm, I guess let's just start with the simple things. What methods are you using for walking?

Maybe just submit a snippet of the walking to draynor code to preview. 

This is my walking method, i cannot share the whole script because it is split into multiple class files, only my main class calls upon those sideclasses.
    If it was an error in code all other working clients would have the same problem... right? 

458985120cfd5a25361f48ebf8074537.png

As you can see i defined Edgville area, the bot will walk to that location but sometimes it doesnt xd so after hours i can findmyself in edgville on all bots, or some at random locations even when the log says "Walking to edgville bank".

my guess is your switch statement has code running before it that walks and doesnt return / break so its walking somewhere then running that switch statement and logging walk to edgeville

1 hour ago, Arkain said:

If it was an error in code all other working clients would have the same problem... right?

understandable way to think but no, the problem in your code is probably just conditional like an if statement that checks if bot has gold walk to ge that doesnt return and runs both walk to ge and edgeville in the same loop

the alternative to it being a problem with your code is a problem with dreambot, which hundreds of users would notice

I do get this sometimes, which I believe is a cache issue in the DreamBot client itself. I as well get alternate positions / locations for things (not only Tiles... Widget locations as well, sometimes it thinks inventory is over the Minimap) when I launch a bunch of accounts, so I just have to close that client and restart it. I haven't really looked into automatically verifying the cache, but I think that's supposed to already happen so I think its a bug, maybe relating to having many clients open at once

Most likely the issue is based on what camelCase mentioned. You're likely not following the golden rule of 1 action per onLoop iteration and there is something else telling it to walk before the edgeville walk. I've never encountered an issue with walking but when I first started with dreambot I definitely broke the 1 action per onLoop rule and noticed some wonky behaviour

On 7/10/2022 at 12:05 AM, 420x69x420 said:

which I believe is a cache issue in the DreamBot client itself

nope your smoking meth with this one.

"the cache" is for live prices & your bank what caching would be involved with walking?

Well to keep you guys updated, almost a week went by and there is no bug report for this entire week (140 hours), so its not code related.

I also have the same problem when using quickstart, have to relaunch some clients as well, not all the time but it became a normal habit (gameobjects not found etc on startup) @420x69x420

This would be true if this happens on daily basis, then i can honestly say its script related @Axolotl