Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How to get the Equipment of Target

Axolotl

Hey everyone,

So one of the things I want the script I'm making to do is PK.

I created a method to scan and find players that are within combat level to attack based on the wilderness level you're in, and I sort it to prioritize the lowest combat. The player will then attack the target player. However...

I have 2 things I'd like to do but am struggling to find any dreambot methods to do so:

1. How to get a list of what target player's equipment is, it would be nice to know if they are using melee / range / mage so I know what type of weapon / armor / prayer to use

2. How to get target's skill levels, so I can know what their max hit is (will likely have to know equipment for this, but I can speculate even without)

Would appreciate any help,

Thank you :)

List<String> itemNames = new ArrayList<>();
    int[] playerAppearance = player.getComposite().getAppearance();
    if (playerAppearance != null) {
        for (int equipmentID : playerAppearance) {

int  formattedID = equipmentID - 512;
            Item itemName = new  Item(formattedID,1);
            if (formattedID > 0) {

itemNames.add(itemName.getName());

}
        }

This will get you the names of the the player , you just have to modify the second line to the nearby player you are trying to get the equipment for 

1 hour ago, Axolotl said:

@Hosfad Thank you!! Had a feeling it was something simple, but couldn't for the life of me find it. Will test it out later tonight :)

@Hosfad Any chance you also know how to get their skill levels?

You'd more than likely have to use a hiscores query.

23 hours ago, Pseudo said:

You'd more than likely have to use a hiscores query.

20 hours ago, braveheart said:

You can use this for stats: https://secure.runescape.com/m=hiscore_oldschool/index_lite.ws?player=X where X is the player's name.

Thank you guys for the response, but do you know if there are any DreamBot methods for requesting highscore querys / getting return result?

I can definitely do this myself as it's just grabbing the html text off the website and parsing it, but I feel like it would be a very useful thing to have built in. Figured I'd ask first is all before coding what could be redundant stuff :)

EDIT:
    All good here, created a method to parse the url response. Thank you both for the helpful suggestions with getting skills @Pseudo and @braveheart.
    Your link was really helpful for removing redundant info needing to be parsed :)

Archived