Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Try asking for help in the chatbox
  • Whole windows server freezes with 20+ clients open


    RawShrimp
     Share

    Recommended Posts

    My windows server still has alot of CPU and RAM left but once i open 15 or 20 plus clients the server will be unmanagable.

    Heres a screenshot of the usage:

    https://gyazo.com/d6a54175b8a2d3d804e28a35b0765e19

    This is how i quickstart:

    start javaw -Xmx512M -jar -Xbootclasspath/p:C:/Users/Administrator/DreamBot/BotData/client.jar C:/Users/Administrator/DreamBot/BotData/client.jar -world 435

    Edited by russianpro
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Yes even though theres still enough space on CPU and RAM with multiple clients it will be so slow that it will take about 5 seconds per click and sometimes programs will even crash.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Is it a dedicated server or a VPS? Sometimes on VPS' they throttle you - although even then you aren't exactly running a high usage, it could be you have a heavy usage neighbor. Might be work asking your provider if they can do a performance test on it?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    7 hours ago, russianpro said:

    Yes even though theres still enough space on CPU and RAM with multiple clients it will be so slow that it will take about 5 seconds per click and sometimes programs will even crash.

    Did you check to see what % of the hdd is being used?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    21 hours ago, Elliott1 said:

    Is it a dedicated server or a VPS? Sometimes on VPS' they throttle you - although even then you aren't exactly running a high usage, it could be you have a heavy usage neighbor. Might be work asking your provider if they can do a performance test on it?

    It's a dedicated server im not sure what the problem is 😕

    14 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

    Did you check to see what % of the hdd is being used?

    I believe it has enough %

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, RawShrimp said:

    It's a dedicated server im not sure what the problem is 😕

    I believe it has enough %

    Can you send the specs of the dedi? Just because it's  dedi it doesn't necessarily mean it's high spec

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    10 hours ago, Elliott1 said:

    Can you send the specs of the dedi? Just because it's  dedi it doesn't necessarily mean it's high spec

    Processor 2x E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz  
    Bandwidth 10Gbit Port: 200TB Transfer  
    Ram 64 GiB
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    27 minutes ago, RawShrimp said:
    Processor 2x E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz  
    Bandwidth 10Gbit Port: 200TB Transfer  
    Ram 64 GiB

    Hmmm, I'd reccomend as a first port of call to get in touch with your provider. See what they say. If it still persists it can sometimes be worth reinstalling the OS on your Dedi, can fix some issues etc (but make sure you've backed up any important information somewhere)

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.