Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Try asking for help in the chatbox
  • DreamBot Client Won't Open Solution


    Defiled
     Share

    Recommended Posts

    Hello Everyone,

    This thread has been suggested by @Infidel , due to the high amount of people experiencing this problem when first starting their botting journey.

    I've listed 2 methods you could attempt, so let's get started!

    1) Client won't open when DBLauncher.jar is clicked.

    This may be due to several reasons but most commonly it's because your computer may lack Java 8 OR It has it but your computer also has other versions installed on it and when you try to load any Java applications, the higher version (Which would be probably set to default) loads the JAR file instead of Java 8.

    So.. what should you do? 🤔🤔🤔

    First let's check the Java version installed and used on your Computer/PC! You can do that by:

    1) Opening the Command Prompt (CMD) -> Search CMD in the start menu OR Terminal for Mac.

    2) Type in 

    java -version

    and you'll be faced with the following details:

    fa5cc109f74ed0d8f2278625ce10f6b2.png

    If the java version doesn't output "1.8" then you could be either of these situations:

    1) You have Java 8 Installed but the system is using another version.

    2) You do not have Java 8 Installed.

    Before continuing if you are sure you do not have Java 8 installed/downloaded: click here to download JDK/JRE 8 . 

    To check whether you have Java 8 Installed or not:

    Windows:

    head over to your Java folder located in your Program Files / Program Files (64bit)

    3b4ebc7f543891b99a3c8723a349df25.png

    You'll see all Java versions that are installed on your PC.

    Mac OS: (Paste this in Terminal)

    which java

    It'll output the current Java version installed.

     

    Now we will set the Environmental Path (To tell your system to use Java 8 )

     

    Get the Path To Your Java Installation:

     

    To fetch the Java Path:  

    Mac OS: (Terminal)

    which java

    Windows OS: (CMD)

    where java

    This gets the path of every Java Installation you have! Copy the Java 8 Path

     

     

    Setting the Environmental Path: (Assigning Java 8 as the default Java version)

    for Mac OS:

    Run the following command in your Terminal: (Make sure to change the Java version "Orange number" to the version you found in your Java folder)

    % /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8.0_73 --exec javac -version

     

    for Windows:

    Run the following command in your Command Prompt (CMD): (Change the path (blue text) to the path of your Java Installation)

    setx -m JAVA_HOME "C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.8.0_XX"

     

    Testing:

    Restart CMD/Terminal and type in

    java -version

    If it displays 1.8, then everything worked great!

     

    If you guys have any questions, please do leave a comment and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge!

    Have a good one guys!

    Edited by ItsDefiled
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    17 minutes ago, Koschei said:

    Instructions unclear, dick stuck in disk drive. 

    How are they unclear? Please point the "unclear" parts so I can modify them

     

    Edit: I rewrote some of the text below to make it more clearer!

    Edited by ItsDefiled
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 1 month later...

    When I type in " java -version" i get "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

    but i have the two jdk/ jre files under my java folder. 

    also when i type in C:\Users\Drew>setx -m JAVA_HOME ""C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.8.0_231"
    I get this message. "ERROR: Access to the registry path is denied." 

    please help im struggling lol

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    52 minutes ago, harryburger45 said:

    When I type in " java -version" i get "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

    but i have the two jdk/ jre files under my java folder. 

    also when i type in C:\Users\Drew>setx -m JAVA_HOME ""C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.8.0_231"
    I get this message. "ERROR: Access to the registry path is denied." 

    please help im struggling lol

    run CMD as Administrator.

    Edited by Defiled
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, Defiled said:

    run CMD as Administrator.

    Okay thank you. I got it to show me the correct java version. but when i click the DBLauncher still nothing happens.. what am I doing wrong man?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    12 minutes ago, harryburger45 said:

    Okay thank you. I got it to show me the correct java version. but when i click the DBLauncher still nothing happens.. what am I doing wrong man?

    Here are a few things you can try:

    1) Pause your anti-virus and run DBLauncher

    OR

    2) Set the environmental variables:

    setx -m JAVA_HOME "C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.8.0_XX"

    OR

    3) Run client.jar that is in your DreamBot folder that is in your Home directory.

    OR

    4)  (Have the DBLauncher on your Desktop)

    First: in CMD type cd Desktop

    Second: java -jar DBLauncher.java 

    OR

    5) Run the DBLauncher.java as administrator

    OR

    6) Download JRE 8 (it is possible that you have JDK8 but not JRE8 somehow)

    Edited by Defiled
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    18 minutes ago, Defiled said:

    Here are a few things you can try:

    1) Pause your anti-virus and run DBLauncher

    OR

    2) Set the environmental variables:

    setx -m JAVA_HOME "C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.8.0_XX"

    OR

    3) Run client.jar that is in your DreamBot folder that is in your Home directory.

    OR

    4)  (Have the DBLauncher on your Desktop)

    First: in CMD type cd Desktop

    Second: java -jar DBLauncher.java 

    OR

    5) Run the DBLauncher.java as administrator

    OR

    6) Download JRE 8 (it is possible that you have JDK8 but not JRE8 somehow)

    I DM'd you. I'm not sure what you meant by steps 3 4 or 5....... sorry if this feels like you are dealing with a 5 year old

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 2 months later...

    I’m also having trouble, I downloaded a separate JRE, I uninstalled my antivirus cause it was not launching, I’ve done every step except 3) cause I only have one file called DBLauncher.jar 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.