Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Anti-Ban Techniques

ArmyofDragons

Hello. I have been in this community a few months ago and I was promising an AIO Slayer script. While I was working on that, I had several other projects I was working on too, like a custom AIO Combat script and an NMZ styled script. For some reason, no matter how complex my anti-ban code was, using the proper sleep offsets and whatnot, it would still get me banned.

Unfortunately from the NMZ script I wrote, the account I was using (that had a fresh firecape and high level combat, with occasional human interference) was banned. For some reason I could not find out why I was banned considering it was a mostly AFK script and it had randomized behaviors (right clicking random shit, rotating the camera rarely because it's AFK for ~6 hours) but this resulted in a ban anyways. Note that I never botted on the account nor did it have associated accounts.  I was running it on a VPS with other bots (that were botting in a different area) and some were banned but not all. I think I was even running it on a separate PC now that I think about it, so I have NO idea why it was banned.

I am writing this post to see if anyone else has any advice or tips on anti-ban techniques. I have written programs in Java for many years know, and I have done scripting for about ~2 years. I have never run into an issue with anti-bans because most of the time the API would deal with that. Any advice would be good.

I'm not a firm believer that there is such a thing as "effective" anti-ban we can implement on a scripter level.

But let's assume that it is for the sake of your question: Something I often ask when people have questions about their anti-ban implementation is about how/when you're determining to execute certain anti-ban.

If you are sporadically executing antiban actions (such as examining random stuff/mouse or camera actions/...), is there a pattern? Patterns in this not-so-random-anymore behaviour would actually be counterproductive: Said pattern can be determined by Jagex's systems. 

If you are hovering your RCing skill every X-runtime, that becomes something that could be used against you for detection. Whether it's every 10 seconds or every 3 hours: generic, pseudo-arbitrary patterns kill bots.

The best publically available implementation of antiban I've seen on these forums so far was by @Dorkinator. You'd have to look for his post though.

Disclaimer: Just my personal experience when I was experimenting with antiban

From my experience, this is an example of how I see it:

Say you want to smith iron bars at varrock big bank and make iron platebodies. On script level you would simply check inventory & area, then perform actions, for instance:

1. If you are not at bank, go to bank

2. Open bank

and so on.. 

But a real person does not actually run to the bank to a random tile and then open the bank. They just open bank from smithing area. My point is that most scripters (including me) script very logically. Whilst a human just tries to make everything more effective. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQdK38uOSug

So to my conclusion: Try to find tips & tricks on how to do things faster, then apply these techniques on script level. Try to avoid logical checking as often as possible.

6 hours ago, Articron said:

I'm not a firm believer that there is such a thing as "effective" anti-ban we can implement on a scripter level.

But let's assume that it is for the sake of your question: Something I often ask when people have questions about their anti-ban implementation is about how/when you're determining to execute certain anti-ban.

If you are sporadically executing antiban actions (such as examining random stuff/mouse or camera actions/...), is there a pattern? Patterns in this not-so-random-anymore behaviour would actually be counterproductive: Said pattern can be determined by Jagex's systems. 

If you are hovering your RCing skill every X-runtime, that becomes something that could be used against you for detection. Whether it's every 10 seconds or every 3 hours: generic, pseudo-arbitrary patterns kill bots.

The best publically available implementation of antiban I've seen on these forums so far was by @Dorkinator. You'd have to look for his post though.

Disclaimer: Just my personal experience when I was experimenting with antiban

I knew @Man16's post was of a troll (don't know why he said that).

Anyways, to your response. From what I recall, everything was Random and every iteration I would have random AFK times, random XP checking, and random mouse movement to the "side of the screen" to emulate a person watching Netflix and grinding XP in the game. I wouldn't have it do an action in exactly "10 seconds" but a random amount of time ranging from 1000 seconds to 15000 seconds, or more depending on what behavior I was assigning that random action to. Of course I had numerous other things that happened. I also made it completely random what action was being performed next, and occasional movement from the current Tile.

I am not blaming the bot or my own script in any way, I just thought it was odd that it got banned (from what I thought happened). I'll learn from my mistakes though. Thanks for the insight.

4 hours ago, qwAQ said:

From my experience, this is an example of how I see it:

Say you want to smith iron bars at varrock big bank and make iron platebodies. On script level you would simply check inventory & area, then perform actions, for instance:

1. If you are not at bank, go to bank

2. Open bank

and so on.. 

But a real person does not actually run to the bank to a random tile and then open the bank. They just open bank from smithing area. My point is that most scripters (including me) script very logically. Whilst a human just tries to make everything more effective. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQdK38uOSug

So to my conclusion: Try to find tips & tricks on how to do things faster, then apply these techniques on script level. Try to avoid logical checking as often as possible.

I am not new to scripting, so I do understand where you are coming from.I do script logically, but I had an account banned for an AFKable task that did not have anything really 'patternized' or detectable by pattern alone. Considering it was NMZ, not a lot of patterns could be picked up considering it's just an AFK task.

27 minutes ago, ArmyofDragons said:

I am not new to scripting, so I do understand where you are coming from.I do script logically, but I had an account banned for an AFKable task that did not have anything really 'patternized' or detectable by pattern alone. Considering it was NMZ, not a lot of patterns could be picked up considering it's just an AFK task.

I think the situation varies from place to place. Would be too easy if their anti-ban system was same for every single activity. They maybe do more checks on popular places such as NMZ. Because I do auto-click alching for hours and nothing there (mostly because tons of others auto-click too so can't see a differ in the pattern). But NMZ is not hours afk task? It's semi-afk?

Dont forget to add, zAntiBan();

Right @zScorpio

But for real tho, it helps if u add multiple methods for the same stuff, for example if ur making headless arrorws and ur using the feather on shaft, switch it up sometimes by doing shaft on feather (this is a small example.. u can do this as big as u want)

16 hours ago, ArmyofDragons said:

Hello. I have been in this community a few months ago and I was promising an AIO Slayer script. While I was working on that, I had several other projects I was working on too, like a custom AIO Combat script and an NMZ styled script. For some reason, no matter how complex my anti-ban code was, using the proper sleep offsets and whatnot, it would still get me banned.

Unfortunately from the NMZ script I wrote, the account I was using (that had a fresh firecape and high level combat, with occasional human interference) was banned. For some reason I could not find out why I was banned considering it was a mostly AFK script and it had randomized behaviors (right clicking random shit, rotating the camera rarely because it's AFK for ~6 hours) but this resulted in a ban anyways. Note that I never botted on the account nor did it have associated accounts.  I was running it on a VPS with other bots (that were botting in a different area) and some were banned but not all. I think I was even running it on a separate PC now that I think about it, so I have NO idea why it was banned.

I am writing this post to see if anyone else has any advice or tips on anti-ban techniques. I have written programs in Java for many years know, and I have done scripting for about ~2 years. I have never run into an issue with anti-bans because most of the time the API would deal with that. Any advice would be good.

You can add human like anti-ban. I've gotten 99 magic off a private script that was scripted so it took breaks that would replicate bath room breaks, showering, eating, watching Netflix, etc. Seems to work well, but im not sure exactly how effective it would be for other scripts.

Archived