Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • More Useful "canCast" Method For Spells

DavidHall

Threw this together because the built in method doesn't check for staffs. May be useful to you all. Let me know if I'm doing anything stupid here 😜

public static boolean canCast(Spell spell, MethodContext context)
    {
    	if (spell == null)
    	{
    		return false;
    	}

if (context.getSkills().getRealLevel(Skill.MAGIC) < spell.getLevel())
    	{
    		return false;
    	}

Inventory inventory = context.getInventory();
    	Equipment equipment = context.getEquipment();

for (Rune rune : spell.getCost())
    	{
    		int amount = rune.getAmount();
    		String fullRuneName = rune.getName();
    		String runeType = fullRuneName.substring(0, fullRuneName.indexOf(RUNE_SUFFIX)).toLowerCase();
    		Item runesInInv = inventory.get(fullRuneName);

//if not enough runes and no staff of that type
    		if ((runesInInv == null || runesInInv.getAmount() < amount) &&
    				!equipment.slotContains(EquipmentSlot.WEAPON.getRealSlot(),
    						item -> item != null && item.getName().toLowerCase().contains(runeType)))
    		{
    			return false;
    		}
    	}

return true;
    }

I think you forgot about the staves that offer multiple runes like mud staves 😛

Perhaps it's a good idea to create an enum that contains all staves with an array of supported Rune objects? :)

1 hour ago, Articron said:

Perhaps it's a good idea to create an enum that contains all staves with an array of supported Rune objects? :)

Was about to point this out myself. But good job on the contribution fam.

Oh shit, it sounds like I'm super skeptical about your snippet >.> 

Hey dude, I didn't mean it in an offensive way haha, I'm glad you're contributing to the snippet section <3
    I hope you didn't take my last comment in a passive-agressive way, because that was NOT the intention 😛 

6 hours ago, Articron said:

maybe you can implement spells interface on the staff enum.

4 minutes ago, Miami 369 said:

maybe you can implement spells interface on the staff enum.

I don't think that makes much sense considering staves aren't spells 😛 . You'd have to contract Spells#getLevel etc which isn't related to staves.

13 minutes ago, Articron said:

I don't think that makes much sense considering staves aren't spells 😛 . You'd have to contract Spells#getLevel etc which isn't related to staves.

I understand you but its just a simple interface. if I made the staff enum I would implement the interface. Just cause it already has the method you need to create.

getName(); //return name of the staff or override toString();

getRune(); //returns arrays of runes needed

getLevel(); //return lvl needed to wield staff

but that's just me

7 hours ago, Articron said:

Lol whoops you're right. I don't play RuneScape much legit and forgot about those. Thanks for pointing it out!

Archived