Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • What IDE do you use and why?

Cardozz

I use to use eclipse, i now use Intellij.

Why? :P

Intellij because it does half the work for you.

In terms of what? :P

Wasted 3 years with Eclipse, now i'm using Intellij for ~4 years. Its just so much better.

Thanks all for posting :)

In terms of what? :P

Thanks all for posting :)

It is a holywar topic, you should give both products a chance and see which one you like more  :D .

You will have to spend some time and get used to IntelliJ, but if Eclipse hasn't changed, then it's definitely worth it.

It's hard to compare both products for me as i haven't used eclipse in 4 years. At the time i switched to Intellij it was much smarter, it "understood" the projet structure way better, refactoring and code analysis was better etc.

Notepad++ because it's cool.

I use Notedpad++ so often to quickly check text/code files lol, it's awesome!

Eclipse, cs its bae

Thanks for the answer.

It is a holywar topic, you should give both products a chance and see which one you like more  :D .

You will have to spend some time and get used to IntelliJ, but if Eclipse hasn't changed, then it's definitely worth it.

It's hard to compare both products for me as i haven't used eclipse in 4 years. At the time i switched to Intellij it was much smarter, it "understood" the projet structure way better, refactoring and code analysis was better etc.

Aight. I've used IntelliJ back in the days, but I found the hassle of exporting the actual jar file (artifact or something it was called) way too much hassle. Of course there are ways to hotkey the build of the artifact but that was mainly the reason I left it for what it was.

With your present experience of both Eclipse and IntelliJ, can you please provide me some pros and cons by comparing the two IDE's if you don't mind?

I use Notedpad++ so often to quickly check text/code files lol, it's awesome!

Thanks for the answer.

Aight. I've used IntelliJ back in the days, but I found the hassle of exporting the actual jar file (artifact or something it was called) way too much hassle. Of course there are ways to hotkey the build of the artifact but that was mainly the reason I left it for what it was.

With your present experience of both Eclipse and IntelliJ, can you please provide me some pros and cons by comparing the two IDE's if you don't mind?

Yeah i agree on this one, in Eclipse it's extremly easy to export Jar files, even tho it's not hard in IntelliJ either.

I'm sure that google will give you better examples on what the pros and cons are :P.

I use eclipse because It's the IDE I used to start learning Java with quite some time ago. However, I plan on making a transition to IntelliJ (I get the ultimate edition free as a student!). 

I use eclipse because It's the IDE I used to start learning Java with quite some time ago. However, I plan on making a transition to IntelliJ (I get the ultimate edition free as a student!). 

Very nice. I am also going to give IntelliJ another try next week :)

Archived