Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • My Dreambot clients keep crashing in Ubuntu

MavericKing

After an hour of running they become the greyish blue color of Dreambot and don't show the game. The account is also logged out and the client seems to have hanged. Is this a known issue? I'm only running 2 bots and have more than enough cpu power and ram. Could it be related to Fresh Start or some caching or memory issue with Java?

On my old VPS' this would happen kind of. Not sure what caused it but it would stop showing the screen rendering. Unlike yours however, my accounts would still be going.

Personally I've found that at higher RAM allowances to the client (On the screen where you run the client & set proxies) the client can crash, especially when you allocate it all, in the directory where you have the "DreamBotLauncher.jar" file there should be a file created that tells you info about the crash and the cause of it! :)

I would suggest a few options.

1. Try to run one tab per client, and limit the client to ~400MB of RAM

2. If it's your own script, check your onPaint to see if there's anything that could be causing issues in it, things like NPE's or high intensity calls could potentially break the graphics portion of things.

I am running one tab per client and only allocating 512mb per client. Still not sure what is causing it but I was able to run my bots 8 hours last night although one of the clients seem to have crashed part way through. This time it seems to have been a normal crash since the client was completely missing instead grey and unresponsive. A java log file appeared in my home folder but it was very vague and not useful with like 1000 lines of assembly memory values.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived