Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • npcs #interact

Novak

java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.MethodProvider.getLocalPlayer(MethodProvider.java:23)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.input.mouse.destination.EntityDestination.interact(EntityDestination.java:213)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.input.mouse.destination.EntityDestination.interact(EntityDestination.java:189)
    	at org.dreambot.api.wrappers.interactive.NPC.interact(NPC.java:158)
    	at nodes.TanNode.execute(TanNode.java:36)
    	at org.dreambot.api.script.impl.TaskScript.onLoop(TaskScript.java:81)
    	at org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:125)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

error at:

NPC tanner = getNpcs().getClosest(3231);

if(tanner.isOnScreen())	
    			{
    				tanner.interact("Trade");
    				//sleep
    			}

why is it throwing this?  the npc is valid and visible(yes the id is correct, but does same thing with string)

java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.MethodProvider.getLocalPlayer(MethodProvider.java:23)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.input.mouse.destination.EntityDestination.interact(EntityDestination.java:213)
    	at org.dreambot.api.methods.input.mouse.destination.EntityDestination.interact(EntityDestination.java:189)
    	at org.dreambot.api.wrappers.interactive.NPC.interact(NPC.java:158)
    	at nodes.TanNode.execute(TanNode.java:36)
    	at org.dreambot.api.script.impl.TaskScript.onLoop(TaskScript.java:81)
    	at org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript.run(AbstractScript.java:125)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

error at:

NPC tanner = getNpcs().getClosest(3231);

if(tanner.isOnScreen())	
    			{
    				tanner.interact("Trade");
    				//sleep
    			}

why is it throwing this?  the npc is valid and visible(yes the id is correct, but does same thing with string)

Actually this has to do with getLocalPlayer Node/TaskScript with the current release. It has already been fixed, though the update hasn't been push. For the meanwhile, a way to get around this is by getPlayers.myPlayer.

Though I promise this will be fixed in the upcoming update, which will be hopefully early tomorrow morning.

Also, for further issues/errors, you can use our tracker: http://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/tracker/project-3-dreambot/

You should also be doing a null check before tanner.isOnScreen();

there is one in the accept method, thank you though

Actually this has to do with getLocalPlayer Node/TaskScript with the current release. It has already been fixed, though the update hasn't been push. For the meanwhile, a way to get around this is by getPlayers.myPlayer.

Though I promise this will be fixed in the upcoming update, which will be hopefully early tomorrow morning.

Also, for further issues/errors, you can use our tracker: http://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/tracker/project-3-dreambot/

the execute method does not even have a getLocalPlayer or getPlayers method which is why I'm confused as to why its happening 

there is one in the accept method, thank you though

the execute method does not even have a getLocalPlayer or getPlayers method which is why I'm confused as to why its happening 

Interacting calls for the player, just look at the stack trace :)

Interacting calls for the player, just look at the stack trace :)

so i will have to wait until the next update for npc interaction to work?

Archived