Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Keep getting banned :/

Weylo

I've botting for a few days now, and I keep getting banned within 48 hours. Even using covert mode and botting only about 12 hours a day, I get banned pretty quickly. So far I've gone through 12 accounts and all banned, I've used a ton of different scripts etc and it made little to no difference. There was no chainbanning by the way, it was all separate bans as far as I could tell.

I'm fairly new to botting, so I may just be missing something obvious. if that's the case then I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know because I'm starting to feel sort of stuck :)

"Only 12 hours a day" is a very large amount. Do you play 12 hours a day or know anyone who does? There are a very, very few amount of people who do this.

I highly recommend you no longer bot for such extreme amounts of time.

"Only 12 hours a day" is a very large amount. Do you play 12 hours a day or know anyone who does? There are a very, very few amount of people who do this.

^this.

If it's 12 hours with 50% breaks, it's still got a VERY high chance of you getting banned. Like only people who legitimate play as their job that amount of time and they even break.

Also.. If you have been banned before goldfarming on your local IP, they probably flagged your IP and continuously track it with their ban-system

i  bot well over 12 h a day and barely get bans ^^ ,its all about technique + scripts

I would say that there's a few things you should consider doing if you want to stay off of Jagex's radar while botting:

1. If you've been banned in the past, make sure your IP is different. You might be flagged. Also, don't use things like your university's WiFi - it's probably flagged.

2. Register your bots with names that seem realistic. In other words, no names like 98rhnfeX#$SFD and no names auto-generated by the Jagex name suggestion thingy.

2a)In addition to that, It helps to invest some time into getting some combat levels up, since people are more likely to report a level 3 versus a level 80 character.

2ai) Remember that having high combat stats with level 1s in a bunch of other stats looks really suspicious if someone looks you up on the hiscores. So level a bit of everything as well.

2b)Appearance is everything.... In other words, don't have a character with the "bob" look and don't have a level 60 character with a rune chainbody - because most people would've finished dragonslayer by then. To sum that up: Look your own level.

3. Use premium scripts, or better yet - private scripts.

4. Bot in relatively remote locations or really crowded locations - no in-betweens.

5. Mix it up, don't do the same action for hours at a time.

6. Fresh accounts are always at a higher risk of getting banned. Try to buy some old accounts off of people.

I will say this, getting banned is part of the process of getting good at avoiding bans - so long as you're keeping track of where you might've gone wrong.

You should also always ask yourself "Is there anything more I could've done to avoid that ban?" - if something comes to mind - experiment with it and see if there's any improvements. :)

Archived