Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Tutorial] How to upload scripts to the SDN using Git

Apaec

Heya guys,

I just thought I'd post a quick step-by-step guide on how to submit a script to the SDN, focusing on the git side of things.

Step 1: Request a git repository name

Head to http://dreambot.org/sdn/and click Scripter Panel > Git Repo Request 

Then enter a name in the text box, preferably similar/the same to your forum name:

Au59XVQ.png

Once you have entered your name, click the Submit Request button,

Step 2: Processing of request

After having submitted your request, you must wait for the devs to verify and implement your account to the system. You will know that your request has been submitted when the table at Scripter Panel > Requests shows your account has been completed. In the image below, you can see my request was accepted.

XrrU6Qq.png

Once your request has been accepted, you can move to step 3.

Step 3: Installing SmartGit

SmartGit is the program we will be using to push&commit your scripts (& updates) to Dreambot's gitweb. Download SmartGit by visiting the following link: http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/

Once you have installed SmartGit, you can move on to step 4.

Step 4: Linking your SmartGit to Dreambot's GitWeb

Once you have opened up SmartGit, navigate to Repository > Clone as seen the image below:

oYCaL4O.png

You will see a pane appear, similar to below:

ZkURGV0.png

Select the Remote Git, Mercurial or SVN repository radiobutton, and enter your Repository URL (which can be found on the SDN directory (Scripter Panel > Requests), as seen below:

q7Tcahl.png

You should be able to see your URL & password. Copy the URL and paste it into the text box, then click next.

9yaktOQ.png

A new box will pop up, this one requesting credentials. Select the 'Password' radiobutton, and enter your password (also found on the SDN page at Scripter Panel > Requests. You should copy and paste the password to avoid copying it out.

tn17Pts.png

Do NOT check the 'Store password' box. Press 'Login'.

Once you've pressed Login, a new page will appear, where the default options are correct. Just click next.

BsjZHtL.png

Finally, after clicking next, it will ask where you want your directory for your repository. Navigate the path to your desktop, and name the folder your repository name, as below:

YJVkwwB.png

Once you've done that, click finish and we're done! You're now ready to move on to step 5.

Step 5: Uploading a script

To upload a script, firstly ensure it's fully working on the client. Then, open your IDE and locate the src of your desired script:

NrvaJM6.png

Once you've got the src, right click and copy it.

TfM6xz3.png

Once it's on your clipboard, navigate to your freshly created folder on your desktop, and create a new folder with the name of your script. (Ensure that the name has only alphanumeric characters). The name of this folder is your 'Module Name'. Paste your src inside this folder.

giIQGZZ.png

Then, open SmartGit, right click your folder, and select 'Commit'.

egZXSQl.png

A box will appear. Select everything you want to commit, and enter a message, then finally click Commit & Push.

4af3Y5s.png

If SmartGit requests a password, that is the password on your SDN requests page. 

Once you press Commit & Push, your script will be on the DreamBot Gitweb and you can proceed to fill out the script application form!

That's all for this guide, hope you found it useful. I did my best to go through each stage as simply as possible but let me know if you run into any problems.

Good Luck!

Apaec

The only thing I'd change:
    You don't need to push the whole project from eclipse. Just the java files. You don't need to push the .class files or whatnot. Just the source java files. :P

And the structure for the uploading files is:
    scriptName/src/yourfiles

You can keep any file structure you have inside of src.

Otherwise great guide. :D Very informative, and a fantastic step by step to set everything up.

• 2 months later...

The only thing I'd change:

You don't need to push the whole project from eclipse. Just the java files. You don't need to push the .class files or whatnot. Just the source java files. :P

And the structure for the uploading files is:

scriptName/src/yourfiles

You can keep any file structure you have inside of src.

Otherwise great guide. :D Very informative, and a fantastic step by step to set everything up.

gitignore xD

How do I upload a new version of my script?

Commit/push it?

• 5 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 7 months later...

Is there a way to have passwordless push/pull? Or change the password. The git repo is using ssh and not https so is it possible to change the ssh passphrase

• 4 years later...
    On 11/25/2014 at 7:15 PM, Wizard said:

Thanks for the guide, Im using IntelliJ built in git service to push and pull my scripts :3

I know this is super old, but I use IntelliJ too. How do you use the built in git service?

Thank You-