Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Private scripter ghosting after taking payment

Bigdovahkiin

Hi guys, back in February last year I was looking to buy a private ToA script, I searched the forums and eventually found 'Defiled' as a promoted (ranked) scripter here. I spoke with him for a while discussing the things I'd like in the script and eventually paid half of his asking price (not sure exactly I can't remember but it was close to either side of $2k

He said he was developing the script and after about 6 months he told me he had stopped working on it to work on a client instead, he asked if I wanted to go 50/50 on it using my original payment as an investment of sorts. 

Eventually that fell through too and after some hard conversations he told me he would be able to provide me a refund as soon as he had sorted some personal bits out. I was as lenient as I could be throughout development and throughout the current 'refund proccess' but unfortunately he seems to have ghosted me since January 2024. It is now over a year since he was paid and I have zero in return. 

Please advise me on anything I could do here. 

Thanks 

@defiled0140

I have screenshot evidence plus receipt files that I'd rather not post publicly if possible. 

Happy to send these as soon as you guys are ready. 

22 minutes ago, Bigdovahkiin said:

@defiled0140

I have screenshot evidence plus receipt files that I'd rather not post publicly if possible. 

Happy to send these as soon as you guys are ready. 

DM them to me.

@Defiled

Enough evidence has submitted to warrant a response from you on this dispute. Please respond with your side of the story and/or offer to compensate the user for damages if you concede.

We will continue to review the evidence, while we wait for your response. In the meantime, you will be labeled 'Trade with Caution'.

What Bigdovakhin is saying is true.

ive been going through a rough patch ever since i went inactive on dreambot.

I worked on his script for a while then my interests went into client which i got sidetracked from due to life situations and others. This situation is completely my fault.

Ill start paying him in installments over time as soon as i can due to my current bad financial situation but i cant promise when as everything now is now mangled 

dreambot staff have the right to ban me until i settle this dispute which will take time due to the amount or ban me forever and ill still find a way to refund him 

Edited by Defiled

12 hours ago, Defiled said:

What Bigdovakhin is saying is true.

ive been going through a rough patch ever since i went inactive on dreambot.

I worked on his script for a while then my interests went into client which i got sidetracked from due to life situations and others. This situation is completely my fault.

Ill start paying him in installments over time as soon as i can due to my current bad financial situation but i cant promise when as everything now is now mangled 

dreambot staff have the right to ban me until i settle this dispute which will take time due to the amount or ban me forever and ill still find a way to refund him 

We appreciate you owning up to it and hope you'll be able to make good on your word to repay.

We will have to suspend your account. When you've repaid your debt and wish to rejoin our community, you can submit an appeal then.