Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DDoS Attack, Server is Down

Pandemic

Best way to beat/end a ddos attack is to shut down the whole server/ restart the modem and all should be good because whatever ip stresser their using will end and stop sending huge amounts of traffic.

Best way to beat/end a ddos attack is to shut down the whole server/ restart the modem and all should be good because whatever ip stresser their using will end and stop sending huge amounts of traffic.

Comments in here are hilarious

As a tech guy, you COULD go restart your server, but what's that going to do? If you dont change your external IP, likely the attack will continue regardless.

Next step, change your ip ~ but what's that going to do? Likely the attacker is using the client today, and can easily grab the new IP whenever the server comes back online with said such new ip.

So, do you start skimming through anyone consistently attempting to connect to the client? Nope, because that's all of us. Do you attempt to block attacking ip's? Pretty useless, as they can be on a dynamic IP or proxy as well, and just void your blacklist.

You COULD create a whitelist for users, but that means all of us with a VPN are fucked.

Last resort? Wait for it to end, if it does. Otherwise, enhance the DDOS protection on your local firewall/paid for server.

Why don't we have DDOS protection now, I don't know..

2 minutes ago, Kylerslade said:

What if it is a pissed off user? Whitelist wouldent help much 

Exactly. Along with fucking up your entire system, because so many people use VPNs or dynamic IP's.

3 minutes ago, joedithas said:

Exactly. Along with fucking up your entire system, because so many people use VPNs or dynamic IP's.

I don't use any of those, maybe they should check if someone hacked trough my laptop? i know nothing about this stuff (just trying to help)

6 minutes ago, joedithas said:

You don't necessarily have to be using proxy/vpn for the connection to dreambot, just the runescape connections.