Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Free] humblePhlipper: Grand Exchange flipping with automatic item selection (300+ gp/hr, 0 xp/hr)

apnasus

thank you for this script man its really beautiful, really appreciate the hard work, is there anything in the settings i can change that will give me higher thsn 100k a hour, im not complaining at all just curious if theres a receipe

On 1/19/2024 at 10:38 PM, Shadox said:

thank you for this script man its really beautiful, really appreciate the hard work, is there anything in the settings i can change that will give me higher thsn 100k a hour, im not complaining at all just curious if theres a receipe

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I encourage you to play around with the config as the default settings aren't ideal. Preliminary statistical analysis suggests that members is good, tradeRedstricted is bad, fiveMinute is bad (compared to latest) and bestOfLatestFiveMinute is good (compared to latest) - but these are all things I could have told you anyway

reg-white-se.png

Anectodally, here's a high-volume, low-margin run I finished this morning,

vol1.png

The config was,

{
      "timeout": 240.0,
      "sysExit": false,
      "profitCutOff": 2147483647,
      "maxBidValue": 4000000,
      "maxBidVol": 20000,
      "priorityProfit": 100,
      "priorityVol": 48,
      "priorityCapitalBinding": 0,
      "pricing": "bestOfLatestFiveMinute",
      "pricingOffset": -2,
      "apiInterval": 1,
      "selections": [ ],
      "auto": true,
      "minVol": 25000,
      "maxBidAskVolRatio": 3.0,
      "minMargin": -10,
      "maxBidPrice": 20000,
      "tradeRestricted": false,
      "members": true,
      "numToSelect": 512
    }

And here's a high-margin, low-volume session I ran concurrently to the above,

risk.png

The config was,

{
      "timeout": 1440.0,
      "maxBidValue": 10000000,
      "maxBidVol": 2000000,
      "priorityVol": 0,
      "pricingOffset": -100,
      "selections": [ ],
      "minVol": 100,
      "maxBidAskVolRatio": 10.0,
      "minMargin": -10000,
      "maxBidPrice": 10000000,
    }

And finally here's a f2p setup,

f2p.png

{
      "timeout": 240.0,
      "maxBidValue": 2000000,
      "priorityVol": 100,
      "pricingOffset": -1,
      "selections": [],
      "minVol": 5000,
      "maxBidAskVolRatio": 10.0,
      "members": false,
    }

The nice thing about running different configs concurrently (a couple high volume, a couple low volume, with different priorities etc.) is that you're less likely to end up competing against yourself.

when set to long run time and u have db breaks dose it stop the runtime of the script? just wondering if i set run time to 1000 and it has breaks it wont count breaks part of its run time.

2 minutes ago, miltonbrad said:

when set to long run time and u have db breaks dose it stop the runtime of the script? just wondering if i set run time to 1000 and it has breaks it wont count breaks part of its run time.

I haven't tested it myself, but I imagine breaks will totally mess with the script's calculations, resetting profit/runtime after each break - not to mention you'll have unsold items.

humblePhlipper has been updated and is now live on the SDN!

It's currently at v2.22 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • V2.22
    • WLS
    • Tax and trades summary stats
    • Profit/Hr in paint
    • Fixed bug causing post-session GUI to not load

Time since request was made: 8 hours, 51 minutes, 48 seconds

Thanks!

humblePhlipper has been updated and is now live on the SDN!

It's currently at v2.3 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • V2.3
    • Discord webhook support (hourly updates)

Time since request was made: 20 minutes, 29 seconds

Thanks!

Superb. Simply amazed by this bot, from the concept to the implementation, it's very unique among all of the bots I've used and I can't be any more thankful that you share it as a free resource here!

I think the most vital part to using the bot is understanding the variables that make up the configuration. I don't fully understand them all yet, but reading through the original post as well as some other posts by the author and other users has greatly helped me understand what each variable/setting represents. Sometimes just copying settings shared in the thread helped me get better results from the bot.

I think it's also important to keep in mind that, as with any financial market in the real world, the idea of getting a stable/consistent/fixed profit rate from trading/flipping in OSRS markets is not really feasible. Factors like demand, supply, volume and how the market is doing on particular days/weeks will affect how much gp/hr you will get even if you use the same configuration on different days. Just something to keep in mind to have a better expectation from what you'll get from using this!

Some proggies!
    This first one is from a members account that started with 13M capital. Averaging ~500k/hr on this day! (overall good day, but had some outlier profits from rune arrows, think something was going on today with them and the bot caught up with it and profited from it, see the vertical jumps on the graph?)
    image.png.510aa5ed57e96fbdaed3b143f6cb2129.png

This one is from another members account that started with 1M capital, averaging ~200k/hr (this one also caught on to the interesting thing that was happening with rune arrows, see the vertical jumps on the graph).
    image.png.1d59980358e20b9b984096fec2899bae.png

These are the settings I used for these sessions:

"timeout": 10081.0,  // 1 week
      "maxBidValue": 2000000,  // i suggest changing this to a value that corresponds to your capital. I usually go for ~ 1/8 * capital here (since there
                               //  are 8 slots that can be used for buying/selling at the GE for members
      "priorityProfit": 100,    // i.e., setting the first slider all the way to the right
      "priorityVol": 52,        // i.e., sliding the second slider half-way
      "pricingOffset": -2,		// still need to understand this variable more! got this value from looking through the thread
      "apiInterval": 13, 		// to avoid making too many API calls and using too much network
      "minVol": 25000,
      "maxBidAskVolRatio": 3.0,   // still need to understand this variable more. default value.
      "numToSelect": 512         // i like keeping this number higher to have a bigger pool of items to flip, since I think that
                                 //   the bot may be less efficient in longer sessions as the 4 hour GE limits what items the bot can keep flipping.

16 hours ago, juacovp08 said:

Superb. Simply amazed by this bot, from the concept to the implementation, it's very unique among all of the bots I've used and I can't be any more thankful that you share it as a free resource here!

Thank you for your kind words and this thorough review!

"maxBidValue": 2000000,  // i suggest changing this to a value that corresponds to your capital. I usually go for ~ 1/8 * capital here (since there
                               //  are 8 slots that can be used for buying/selling at the GE for members

I usually aim for closer to 1/6 * capital - this still gives me a pretty even spread at the outset, but also means most of my money is being put to work and not sitting in my inventory. If I start with 8m and set maxBidValue to 1m, and a buy order is filled 50%,  I now have 500k sitting in my inventory - that 500k won't end up used if I've set maxBidValue to 1m. For extended (and profitable) runs, setting maxBidValue to 1/8 also means any profit won't end up invested and will just sit in my inventory instead. 1/6 mitigates these problems.

"maxBidAskVolRatio": 3.0,   // still need to understand this variable more. default value.

A maxBidAskVolRatio of 1.0 means the bot will only consider items for which the 1 hour bid volume is no greater than the 1 hour ask volume.

A maxBidAskVolRatio of 3.0 means the bot will only consider items for which the 1 hour bid volume is no greater than 3 times the 1 hour ask volume.

A higher maxBidAskVolRatio can mean riskier trades - items which are quick to buy but take a lot longer to sell. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by apnasus

"pricingOffset": -2,		// still need to understand this variable more! got this value from looking through the thread

If you are using `latest` pricing and the latest bid (from the Wiki API) for Death rune is 190 and the latest ask is 194, a pricingOffset of -1 means the script will bid at 191 and ask at 193. The profit margin has fallen from 4 to 2, but you will capture more volume. Conversely, a pricingOffset of +1 means bidding at 189 and asking at 195.

I'd recommend a non-positive pricingOffset to try to capture more volume, this is probably the more consistent and less risky option. That said, I can see a large positive pricingOffset working for medium to low volume items if using oneHour pricing, but this isn't something I've really experimented with yet.

4 hours ago, apnasus said:

Thank you for your kind words and this thorough review!

I usually aim for closer to 1/6 * capital - this still gives me a pretty even spread at the outset, but also means most of my money is being put to work and not sitting in my inventory. If I start with 8m and set maxBidValue to 1m, and a buy order is filled 50%,  I now have 500k sitting in my inventory - that 500k won't end up used if I've set maxBidValue to 1m. For extended (and profitable) runs, setting maxBidValue to 1/8 also means any profit won't end up invested and will just sit in my inventory instead. 1/6 mitigates these problems.

A maxBidAskVolRatio of 1.0 means the bot will only consider items for which the 1 hour bid volume is no greater than the 1 hour ask volume.

A maxBidAskVolRatio of 3.0 means the bot will only consider items for which the 1 hour bid volume is no greater than 3 times the 1 hour ask volume.

A higher maxBidAskVolRatio can mean riskier trades - items which are quick to buy but take a lot longer to sell. Hope that makes sense.

4 hours ago, apnasus said:

If you are using `latest` pricing and the latest bid (from the Wiki API) for Death rune is 190 and the latest ask is 194, a pricingOffset of -1 means the script will bid at 191 and ask at 193. The profit margin has fallen from 4 to 2, but you will capture more volume. Conversely, a pricingOffset of +1 means bidding at 189 and asking at 195.

I'd recommend a non-positive pricingOffset to try to capture more volume, this is probably the more consistent and less risky option. That said, I can see a large positive pricingOffset working for medium to low volume items if using oneHour pricing, but this isn't something I've really experimented with yet.

Thanks for the helpful clarifications!