Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Free] humblePhlipper: Grand Exchange flipping with automatic item selection (300+ gp/hr, 0 xp/hr)

apnasus

2 hours ago, apnasus said:

50k is well over the 18k 4hr GE limit, for volumes that high you'd be looking at at least 8 hours runtime. humblePhlipper is my attempt at market making (colloquially referred to as 'active flipping'), what you're describing sounds closer to a passive flipping bot where you schedule it to run, say, once every 12 hours for only 10 minutes or so? I plan to write another script that does just that and will be aimed at investing in items (sometimes called 'passive flipping').

That said, I could introduce an option to offset bid/ask prices with humblePhlipper, a bit like in this flipping bot (which never got released),

https://osbot.org/forum/topic/98027-developing-flipping-bot-99-done-testing/

6Ye1XNB.png

In the language of this bot creator, my 'plus minus one' pricing options have an offset of -1 (trading inside the spread to try capture more volume). I could add a feature like this pretty easily for all 3 API prcies (latest, five minute, one hour). Could also introduce a worst_of() in addition to the currently available best_of() and let the user chose inputs. But doing this for all individual items would be far more complicated and in my opinion sort of defeats the point of botting (automation).

I didn't really mean buy 50k feathers. Lemme rephrase

Have an option to buy x items like feathers, runes that are high turnover for low gp and when the prices are over x amt, sell them. And be able to set buy/sell prices on said items. 

Love the script btw, haven't seen 200-300k/hr yet, but ones been running p2p 13hrs with 15m and made 1.7m profit , other is p2p 15hrs, with 3m with 1.7m profit.

tried this so far for 20mins... its made 30k... wouldn't say its a good bot tbh but Ima try it for a hour and see how it gets on.... but its doing 1m buys and making like 1k off out of a 1m buy which isnt good at all..... letting it play with 20m and looking like its only going to make 60k a hr lol...

• apnasus changed the title to [Free] humblePhlipper: Grand Exchange flipping with automatic item selection (300+ gp/hr, 0 xp/hr)
    31 minutes ago, Georgey boy said:

tried this so far for 20mins... its made 30k... wouldn't say its a good bot tbh but Ima try it for a hour and see how it gets on.... but its doing 1m buys and making like 1k off out of a 1m buy which isnt good at all..... letting it play with 20m and looking like its only going to make 60k a hr lol...

Unfortunately a bigger cash stack doesn't necessarily mean more profit. Right now i've got a 7.5m cash p2p losing to a 2.5m cash f2p with 10 mins in hand.

p2pVf2p.png

I wouldn't put too much stock in the default settings, maybe switch up the config. My best runs are bestOfLatestPmOneFiveMinutePmOne. Otherwise, at least it looks cool :D 

been running this bot for about 2 days. absolutely stunning bot. my profits are a bit low at about 120k/hr running in f2p with 1 hour breaks between 1 hour runs. I need to do some testing, but this is by far the best free bot on the market would pay!

I really like v2. The only thing is that it sometimes doesn't sell everything. Would be nice if it just will sell everything that is in the inv.

Also would be nice if it was possible to delete individual items that are generated. Because some items will never generate any profit. 
    Would it be possible to ignore an item when it generates a loss of x amount?

1 minute ago, brainbudt said:

The only thing is that it sometimes doesn't sell everything. Would be nice if it just will sell everything that is in the inv.

Do you mean selling too slowly or actually not selling?

The script will not sell things it didn't register as buying. If you already had some Logs in your inventory and started the script, it won't sell them, but it will sell any additional Logs it buys itself. This is intentional and not something I plan to change: it is integral to accurately logging trades and calculating profit.

If you mean it's taking too long to sell, I have a demo on how you can pause the script and sell of items manually in the top post.

Spoiler

Also would be nice if it was possible to delete individual items that are generated.

I'm going to introduce this ASAP, puitting buttons in tables in Java is just a bit finicky.

6 minutes ago, brainbudt said:

Would it be possible to ignore an item when it generates a loss of x amount?

Also could introduce this but a few other features I'm working on first.

Sup,
    First of all, great release!

It seems, though, that the script does a lot of web requests and eats up bandwidth fast.

Adding a remark or handling it in a different way would be pleasant.

12 minutes ago, ZzMerida said:

Sup,
    First of all, great release!

It seems, though, that the script does a lot of web requests and eats up bandwidth fast.

Adding a remark or handling it in a different way would be pleasant.

Hi, it currently makes 3 GET requests every 1.0 seconds (i.e. 180 requests per minute, querying Latest, 5 Minute Average, 1 Hour Average), where each request is for 200-300 KB of data.

It would be pretty simple to move 5m and 1h requests into separate threads. I could also only make necessary requests (e.g. skip Latest requests every 1.0 seconds entirely if user isn't using Latest pricing). This would take it down to ~60 to ~0.017 requests per minute.

I can look into this soon but it was never really a priority for me as I only ever have up to 2 instances running and have unlimited bandwith, frequently querying API's has also always been integral to this script.

That said, I am currently looking into using 5m time series, which would involve ~4039 requests every 5 minutes (~808 requests per minute), where each request is 30-50 KB of data. 😕

image.png.9873c617cacd360ae9d086968d70fae6.png

This was my usage around the time I used the flipper. Some others reported the same result.

It does a 270 MB request every 5 minutes.

I can send you the log as well, if I can somehow export it.

Posted (edited)

It does a 270 MB request every 5 minutes.

~300 KB/request * 3 requests/second * 60 seconds/minute * 5 = 270,000 KB or 270 MB every 5 minutes so the math checks out. I can definitely see that being a problem :(

Will try get out an update later today puting 5m and 1h in separate threads and only instantiating necessary threads, which means if you use 5m or 1h average pricing bandwith use should drop to about 0.3 or 0.025 MB every 5 minutes, respectively :D

Thanks for bringing this to my attention as it's not something I'd considered, I just stuck everything in one thread for the sake of simplicity.

Edited by apnasus