Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Vril] Bank Sorter

xVril

Vril - Bank Sorter has been updated and is now live on the SDN!

It's currently at v1.33 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • Saving and Loading of configs

Time since request was made: 2 minutes, 40 seconds

Thanks!

It's currently at v1.34 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • Cape slot category upgrades

Time since request was made: 1 minute, 2 seconds

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, CaS5 said:

Won't let me click the tabs at the top to select different tabs. Lol...

Next tab doesn't become active until current is saved. I'll update guide to make this a bit clearer. 

After figuring out the workings of the script, I'm going to write an in depth, honest review. 

Script:

It does what it says it will do, it sorts items into tabs. Unfortunately I feel like I had set supremely unrealistic expectations on the script. It sorts items in a very crude way. In all honesty, banks are setup in very specific ways that each player is not only comfortable with, but also provides some sort of convenience. This script won't do that. As I previously said it sorts items in a very crude way; Simply by sorting all head items, then body items, leg items, etc. all next to each other with only 3 ways to sort them. Alphabetically, Price and Quantity. Now this isn't necessarily the scripts fault. Setting things up in specific ways not only takes a lot of work but looking at it realistically, it's just not possible. The script also does not actually take your category listing into consideration. If you have Herbs->Herb Accessories->Potions->Ores setup for your tab, it will not sort those items in that order. It could sort it as Potions->Herbs->Ores->Herb Accessories. It doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason as to how it sorts. I've tried rerunning it to reorganize the same tab with the categories in different positions and it just ends the script thinking it's finished.

Price:

In my totally honest opinion, I feel like $5 is a reasonable price point for something like this, but not $6.99. It's not an end all be all and the time it saves at the end of the day is negligible. HOWEVER; there is a significant amount of potential for this script to be something great with a lot of work and suggestions from the community. It will take a lot of time, but it could be an absolutely essential script for anyone that has a large bank. But it is not that in it's current state.

Final Review:

At the end of the day, I'd rate this script a 3/5. It's got a lot of potential, but it's not really worth the price point it's at.

I've found the best use for this script is just getting alike items into the same tab and then further sorting them to my personal liking.

Edited by CaS5

7 hours ago, CaS5 said:

After figuring out the workings of the script, I'm going to write an in depth, honest review. 

Script:

It does what it says it will do, it sorts items into tabs. Unfortunately I feel like I had set supremely unrealistic expectations on the script. It sorts items in a very crude way. In all honesty, banks are setup in very specific ways that each player is not only comfortable with, but also provides some sort of convenience. This script won't do that. As I previously said it sorts items in a very crude way; Simply by sorting all head items, then body items, leg items, etc. all next to each other with only 3 ways to sort them. Alphabetically, Price and Quantity. Now this isn't necessarily the scripts fault. Setting things up in specific ways not only takes a lot of work but looking at it realistically, it's just not possible. The script also does not actually take your category listing into consideration. If you have Herbs->Herb Accessories->Potions->Ores setup for your tab, it will not sort those items in that order. It could sort it as Potions->Herbs->Ores->Herb Accessories. It doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason as to how it sorts. I've tried rerunning it to reorganize the same tab with the categories in different positions and it just ends the script thinking it's finished.

Price:

In my totally honest opinion, I feel like $5 is a reasonable price point for something like this, but not $6.99. It's not an end all be all and the time it saves at the end of the day is negligible. HOWEVER; there is a significant amount of potential for this script to be something great with a lot of work and suggestions from the community. It will take a lot of time, but it could be an absolutely essential script for anyone that has a large bank. But it is not that in it's current state.

Final Review:

At the end of the day, I'd rate this script a 3/5. It's got a lot of potential, but it's not really worth the price point it's at.

I've found the best use for this script is just getting alike items into the same tab and then further sorting them to my personal liking.

Thanks for all the feedback, the is an early version of the script and there are lots more enhancements to come. Of course like all things it will have limitations, but with further configuration options I hope it will get a close as possible to being able to sort to each person's personal liking. 

If you have Herbs->Herb Accessories->Potions->Ores setup for your tab, it will not sort those items in that order. It could sort it as Potions->Herbs->Ores->Herb Accessories

In terms of this, I will be updating today to maintain ordering (top-to-bottom) of how categories are listed in the config. I noticed this myself so was planning on improving it.

There will also be other options in regards to this, maybe on tab 1 you don't want to Sort By Leg slot, and then Helm slot, you just want the whole tab sorted alphabetically regardless of what category the item belongs to (this would put all Rune items together in the tab for example). I will be adding this as an option soon. 

There are endless possibilities, I am just adding what I feel will be most useful to the most people first.

5 hours ago, xVril said:

Thanks for all the feedback, the is an early version of the script and there are lots more enhancements to come. Of course like all things it will have limitations, but with further configuration options I hope it will get a close as possible to being able to sort to each person's personal liking. 

In terms of this, I will be updating today to maintain ordering (top-to-bottom) of how categories are listed in the config. I noticed this myself so was planning on improving it.

There will also be other options in regards to this, maybe on tab 1 you don't want to Sort By Leg slot, and then Helm slot, you just want the whole tab sorted alphabetically regardless of what category the item belongs to (this would put all Rune items together in the tab for example). I will be adding this as an option soon. 

There are endless possibilities, I am just adding what I feel will be most useful to the most people first.

I'm glad you're very welcoming and receptive to criticism. Like I said many times in my review, this script has a signficant amount of potential.

A suggestion I'd have personally, is the ability to insert a row of bank fillers in between each category sorted. A simple toggle could do this. Ores->bankfiller->Bars->bankfiller->Herbs->bankfiller, etc.

I'm very excited to see what you do with this script and I will certainly be following it very closely. 

Edited by CaS5

It's currently at v1.35 and is available in the client!

Changes:
    • Maintain category ordering
    • Feet slot category improvements

Time since request was made: 4 hours, 18 minutes, 41 seconds

Thanks!

Would be cool if you could scan a hand organized bank and turn that into a sorting config to recreate for other accounts, or even just a visual bank UI to get a more detailed in-depth option to sorting/organizing  

/Edit 

I have also noticed that when I save a config it doesn't save my options in order, and it still seems to struggle placing items in their respective tab.

Edited by qoz
    more context