Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Nex Scripts - Coder - Developer - Scammer

Frost Bets

Scammer's profile link: https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php?/profile/55134-nex/ 
    https://www.sythe.org/members/anubets.810332/

Amount scammed: 5 Billion OSRS + $1200 Directly + Circa $700 from staff + Damages + Unknown other amounts (see below).

Discord ID + Unique Discord ID:
    Current Discord: Nex / Nex#3542 / 1019178040548392960
    Old (Now Banned) Discord UID: 708026526209409026
    CTRL-ALT-DELETE / contrlaltdelete / 1174409951167385760
    Discord Account on Sythe Profile: Nex#8648 / 109992979057373184

Proof that it's their Discord:
    Screen capture - 6d35f2b68dff4fcca193e9d64805318d - Gyazo
    Screen capture - 3a3bb415d3de863c262898d357bd31f8 - Gyazo

Explanation of the Scam:
    Nex was a part of our leadership team in Frost Bets / Frost Giveaways and was given a profit share of earnings. His role was developer in the Frost Discord server. Nex has used his power to bring in an alt account to the server, and use this account to bet with, on our various Discord server games. As we are a provably fair server, only people with access to the server bot can possibly know a future outcome. As he was one of the people with access, he also managed to code something that would allow him to view the future roles on our Dicing game. The alt account used to win on was CTRL-ALT-DELETE / contrlaltdelete / UID: 1174409951167385760
    Screen capture - 3a3bb415d3de863c262898d357bd31f8 - Gyazo

Nex was caught out by chance and proven to be both people. Once proven and undeniable evidence presented, in all fairness he did accept he had been rumbled and offered to pay back $1200 to my ETH which has been done. The 5000M (5B OSRS) outstanding still remains. As does a further circa $700 that was cashed out in server to one of my hosts @bluepartyhatTRADES. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell how many other accounts he has used this method with in the past and what the real amount may be. We can only post what is 100% confirmed.

How they scammed:
    Brought in an alt account and pretended to be a member of Frost. Played discord games and won a fortune then cashed out in game and also in ETH.

Other relevant trade screenshots:
    Payout to scammed bet wins: Screenshot - 244dcd93e90c6dfa3aa0dfc8c789508d - Gyazo
    Real name On Paypal For Future reference: (Available to mods upon request)
    Admitting the scam: Screen capture - 327a0b0586c85bf52cd8e2faaa1cd62d - Gyazo
    Where Nex sent back $1200: Screenshot - 1894c6621afe2cd1cda6fabf43da0f79 - Gyazo

Other Relevant Links:
    Lost 2FA access
    insufficient proof
    Nex - DreamBot - Runescape OSRS Botting

Already paid him back, i was done with the gamble stuff i did a meme from 5m - 25b and a cash-out it wasnt right i did scam at that point so i paid back to clear my name.

To be clear i paid him back the same night even prior to this dispute. If this needs to be verified or proven im more than happy to share screenshots/dms with staff but i rather not post confidential deal details on the public forums.

5 hours ago, Nex said:

Already paid him back, i was done with the gamble stuff i did a meme from 5m - 25b and a cash-out it wasnt right i did scam at that point so i paid back to clear my name.

To be clear i paid him back the same night even prior to this dispute. If this needs to be verified or proven im more than happy to share screenshots/dms with staff but i rather not post confidential deal details on the public forums.

@Frost Bets

You stated that the damages you incurred from Nex's scam are: 5 Billion OSRS + $1200 Directly + Circa $700 from staff + Damages + Unknown other amounts (see below

Nex is claiming that he already paid you back. Is he referring to just the $1200 ETH payment that you already stated or has he compensated you more? He has to compensate you for the full amount of the damages that you can prove. Partial repayment for a scam is insufficient.

If Nex has repaid you in full, then this dispute can be resolved. If Nex hasn't, then he would be obliged to repay you the remaining amount you can prove he scammed.

Let us know the details of his repayment towards you and if this dispute needs to continue.

Not sure why other people who arent involved in this dispute are on here commenting who also have 0 clue about what is really going on.. 

I spoke with them privately we resolved the remaining issues.
    I just did a stupid thing i wanted out of the gamble scene for personal reasons and i took a totally wrong approach which i regretted and made up for with a private deal and a refund.

I can confirm the Nex has been in contact with me directly and resolved in private. Thank you to the mods for your swift response, much apprecaited.

10 hours ago, Frost Bets said:

I can confirm the Nex has been in contact with me directly and resolved in private. Thank you to the mods for your swift response, much apprecaited.

You're entitled to being compensated the full amount of the damages, not just partial repayment in exchange for not pursuing the dispute further. This would mean the 5 billion OSRS and whatever other damages can be traced back to his scam.

If you agree that Nex has compensated you in full and there are no damages left for you to pursue, then we'll resolve this dispute.

We've allowed Frost Bets over 72 hours' time to follow up and provide more information. He hasn't, so we'll conclude the case with the information we have.

Nex was entrusted by partners/customers to create and maintain a Discord bot with gambling functionality. Nex intentionally backdoored said Discord bot with the intention of exploiting the backdoor on alt accounts to win money without his partners knowing. Nex scammed at least $1900 USD and 5 Billion OSRS GP, potentially up to 25 Billion OSRS GP (by his own admission). The amount scammed is potentially significantly more due to the nature of how hard it is to track the full amount taken; only one alt account was confirmed to belong to Nex. This is without taking into account the damages caused to the business from the reputation hit when it becomes known that one of its shareholders and developers rigged outcomes in his own favor.

This goes beyond a regular scam, in which the victim immediately knows they've been conned when the other person refuses to honor their part of the deal (I.E., you paid and the other person ran off with your money). This is a scam, in which if it was not exposed by chance and negligence, would have gone on undetected and the scammer would have successfully scammed at least the monetary value of $5000+ and easily potentially tens of thousands without anyone knowing, without any repercussion. Nex made an attempt to repay for the scam, only after being caught and confronted with evidence.

The nature of his repayment has not been made clear to us; the only confirmation is that he repaid at least $1200. It would be highly difficult to repay in full the extent of the damages and amounts taken with a scam like this, and even if we were to assume that Nex made an earnest attempt to repay in full, it is highly improbable that the full extent of the damages were compensated. Leaning towards leniency, we offer Nex the benefit of the doubt and assume he made some attempt to repay in full for the amount he scammed.

It is important to note the highly insidious nature of the scam and the massive sum stolen (which would put even scam-quits to shame). It would be too lucrative to commit scams of this nature and to be able to get away with it by making attempts to repay only when caught; this behavior should absolutely be discouraged

After much consideration, we've come to the following decision. Nex will keep "Trade with Caution" and we'd discourage any user from conducting any trade or business with him; any user trading him would be doing so at their own risk. Nex will not be allowed to sell any scripts (private or SDN) or coding solutions via the DreamBot forum or community. Although SDN scripts are highly vetted by the DreamBot team and can be trusted to be safe and secure, the DreamBot team has decided that Nex should not be able to sell any products on the SDN going forward; Nex' scripter privileges will be removed. For this decision, we have also taken into slight consideration the numerous, largely unresolved complaints from users on Nex' scripts.