Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • My Antiban Initiative

DefCon

Hello folks. During my time here at DreamBot im going to help by testing and implementing anti-ban projects, which is what i think we should all be striving for. I'm going to be looking at both sides of the Bans : Micro and Macro

My main strategy right now is to 1) Identify possible patterns in code . 2) Develop hypothesis and code. 3) Test hypothesis with lots of data (bans).

The 3 main types of detection:

Account-Profiling:
     - This is when Jagex takes a look at your actions over an extended period of time, and looks to see how realistic it is. If you create an account and immediately send it to pick flax for 2 weeks after leaving tut island you'll look like an obvious bot. Therefore, an account with a higher total-level and more quests will suffer from a lower ban-rate than a nooby looking account (Not to say that this will entirely diminish bans)

Script profiling:
     - This concerns how your script behaves each time it runs. Similarities in the path it walks, the way the mouse moves, how repetitive your actions are, etc. Basically, if every script runs the same on each client, then they will all behave similarly.

IP profiling:
    - This is the simplest of the detection methods, and is used to flag all accounts played from a known botting IP address.

Tested methods:

Possible Counter-Measures:

Anti Account-Profiling  || Anti Script-Profiling

- Script scheduler -In development by devs apparently

Botters will be able to be able to create a schedule for which scripts to run and for how long. This way your bot can perform many activities throughout the day instead of just 1 task.

- Web walking -In development by devs apparently

Currently in order to make a script walk you've got to provide a list of tiles that the script uses as a path to follow. This is great for creating a quick path to get somewhere, but opens up a vulnerability for Jagex to recognize the pattern we take each time (Even if this path is somewhat randomized ea time).  With web-walking, we'd create the path to and from the destination dynamically ea time, opening up an infinite amount of paths you could take to and from your destination. With this we-walking i'd like to see it capable of not only the most efficient route, but also wandering from the most efficient path at times. Also, this would open up scriptwriters to limitless potential. I would like to see script eventually have the ability to stop  then start another task on it's own (Script Scheduling).

- Unique botting profiles -Idea proposed by myself and used on other sites in the past (RID)

Each botter would receive a unique botting profile. This profile would contain many characteristics including reaction time, mouse speed, how often you AFK etc. These factors would then be accounted for in the API, so that way EVERY script performs differently based on that profile.

-NEW - Reacting to conditions more humanlike

I believe that most scripts have a large flaw in the way they determine the state of the script. This is because usually as SOON as a condition is met for as task we will execute that method. My proposal is that we craete a sort of Task Management System which will mimic how often a player pays attention to each task, so it won't necessarily notice the npcs as soon as they're ready to attack. For example, normally your eat task is set to eat between 400-450hp. Normally you'd eat as soon as it drop below that, but with this system an afk period is applied as each condition is met, allowing you to do other tasks while ignoring one.

-NEW - Defence System

If we are to make any big strives in technology i also think it's wise to protect our tech from Jagex because im sure they could see what we're doing...

Also, right now I believe that a web project would be a great first project for our client. It will help to speed up the script development process, and let us focus on more important logic. Also, with a proper web I think we could create script which could INTERACT with ech other. I want to create a script system where i can go fro mwc>fletch>magic>combat>pking. Even if script scheduling doen't lead to lower ban-rates, it would definitely make botting EASIER and maybe more profitable for farmers.

As always im eager to see what everyone else thinks in regards to these topics, and let's make this the best bot since 

-NEW - Defence System

If we are to make any big strives in technology i also think it's wise to protect our tech from Jagex because im sure they could see what we're doing...

Yes

Hello folks. During my time here at DreamBot im going to help by testing and implementing anti-ban projects, which is what i think we should all be striving for. I'm going to be looking at both sides of the Bans : Micro and Macro

My main strategy right now is to 1) Identify possible patterns in code . 2) Develop hypothesis and code. 3) Test hypothesis with lots of data (bans).

Account-Profiling:
     - This is when Jagex takes a look at your actions over an extended period of time, and looks to see how realistic it is. If you create an account and immediately send it to pick flax for 2 weeks after leaving tut island you'll look like an obvious bot. Therefore, an account with a higher total-level and more quests will suffer from a lower ban-rate than a nooby looking account (Not to say that this will entirely diminish bans)

Script profiling:
     - This concerns how your script behaves each time it runs. Similarities in the path it walks, the way the mouse moves, how repetitive your actions are, etc. Basically, if every script runs the same on each client, then they will all behave similarly.

Well Chris has designed the client around a unique system which creates a unique profile for each character you run in our client. Without having any need to actually store the credentials. So no matter what script you run with our client, each account will behave slightly different, which we feel will help out with reduce the chances of our controllers being detected a great deal.

I believe that most scripts have a large flaw in the way they determine the state of the script. This is because usually as SOON as a condition is met for as task we will execute that method. My proposal is that we craete a sort of Task Management System which will mimic how often a player pays attention to each task, so it won't necessarily notice the npcs as soon as they're ready to attack. For example, normally your eat task is set to eat between 400-450hp. Normally you'd eat as soon as it drop below that, but with this system an afk period is applied as each condition is met, allowing you to do other tasks while ignoring one.

This is actually I was already planning to create, though we all have our own ideas we are going implement. My idea was to create a Optimal Condition script type, which in other words would mean that when choosing the next task/node/state/whatever, it would choose the best possible task, rather than repeating a predetermined pattern decided by the writer. Though I have been busy with other work, this will be one of the first projects I start when I get some free time!

I hope this helps out a tad.

Account-Profiling:

As noto said, our controllers are built around staying unique per account when running scripts. Anything beyond that is script-controller and player-controlled. Not many people have the patience to make an account with antiban in mind. They see a money making method with no reqs, and throw accounts with no stats at it. This would be something that would have to go in depth in a guide. Unfortunately most people won't bother to follow it.

Script profiling:

Again goes back to the controllers. But this is probably one of the most important things. Regardless of mouse controllers, if you have a script that 600 people are using and it's walking on the same hard coded path every time, you're going to get profiled. This is where our web walking should come in handy, as even if the tile path it finds is the same, it randomizes the tile it'll click on. Not to mention the tile it finds in the path may not necessarily be the same each time you run it.

Ways to prevent profiling in a script would be in the script. At some point I'm going to try to write up a basic antiban script guide. If implemented by the scripter it should throw off most script profiling.

Anti Account-Profiling  || Anti Script-Profiling

- Script scheduler -In development by devs apparently

Botters will be able to be able to create a schedule for which scripts to run and for how long. This way your bot can perform many activities throughout the day instead of just 1 task.

This is something we're discussing, but we want to get the client itself and the API functional before diving deeper into it.

- Web walking -In development by devs apparently

Currently in order to make a script walk you've got to provide a list of tiles that the script uses as a path to follow. This is great for creating a quick path to get somewhere, but opens up a vulnerability for Jagex to recognize the pattern we take each time (Even if this path is somewhat randomized ea time).  With web-walking, we'd create the path to and from the destination dynamically ea time, opening up an infinite amount of paths you could take to and from your destination. With this we-walking i'd like to see it capable of not only the most efficient route, but also wandering from the most efficient path at times. Also, this would open up scriptwriters to limitless potential. I would like to see script eventually have the ability to stop  then start another task on it's own (Script Scheduling).

We have a working web walking right now. But it's not finished, and has a few issues. We're going to be rewriting a good chunk of it.

- Unique botting profiles -Idea proposed by myself and used on other sites in the past (RID)

Each botter would receive a unique botting profile. This profile would contain many characteristics including reaction time, mouse speed, how often you AFK etc. These factors would then be accounted for in the API, so that way EVERY script performs differently based on that profile.

Again goes back a bit to the mouse controllers. AFK'ing and reaction time aren't really part of the API, that'd have to be something implemented in the script. This would be something that I'd include in my antiban script guide. We'll have some tools available for this.

Gives me a neat idea on using the State/Task/Node system. Just add a severity level field to each task. For instance on eating, if health is

-NEW - Defence System

Not really sure what you mean, or how it would be implemented.

Also, right now I believe that a web project would be a great first project for our client. It will help to speed up the script development process, and let us focus on more important logic. Also, with a proper web I think we could create script which could INTERACT with ech other. I want to create a script system where i can go fro mwc>fletch>magic>combat>pking. Even if script scheduling doen't lead to lower ban-rates, it would definitely make botting EASIER and maybe more profitable for farmers.

As always im eager to see what everyone else thinks in regards to these topics, and let's make this the best bot since

Luckily for you, as a scripter you could write each of those scripts and link them together in one big script. Until we have our script scheduler done that's going to be as close as you'll be able to get, I'm afraid.

Most of the points discussed here are very script-based. That puts a lot of pressure on scripters themselves. My hope is that we can implement a standard guide for scripts to be released. Of course if someone wants to make Jacks fletcher that fletches at maximum efficiency, we can't really stop them.

Archived