Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • My osrs account just got banned :(

osrs_fan123

Any advice anyone has to not get banned? I lasted one week and a half, I botted everything, tutorial island and then botted a few different skills (all the scripts I used are custom made by me), I have sleeps, I have breaks I leveled up multiple skills, I'm using my ip (not a vpn or datacenter).

The most I botted was like 12 hours in a day on the weekend, during the weekdays I was botting in a normal schedule like a human, I would bot every day like 5-6 hours after 5pm with 1hour or 30 minutes break in between. But then the night before yesterday was the first night I left the script overnight I set a 4 hours break (and it bugged and it didn't disconnect when the 4hr break finished, the client threw a message that the break wasn't set successfully but I realized this when I woke up) so my script ran out of resources (I was smithing) and it stood standing still for around 3-4 hours overnight lol so I believe that was the reason that messed me up.

I leveled up like 6 different skills including combat, this was all in f2p. And then tonight I left it botting against for ~4 hours with ~1 hour break and I got banned :( This was after botting the usual 5-6 hours yesterday as well.

My theories are that what happenned 2 nights ago messed my account and flagged it and then they looked at my account closely yesterday and banned me. One of the other mistakes was shifting the schedule, I was playing during the days and then suddenly started playing overnight, so I guess maybe that contributed as well.

What do you all think? Any theories? Any suggestions so that I don't get banned again next time? I'm trying to bot to max without manually playing, I literally botted absolutely everything, I made scripts for different things and was on the road to buying a bond with osrs gold to become members to unlock more skills.

I think 12 hours a day is too much. I'd reduce the amount of time you're botting pretty significantly, and take bigger breaks. The standing still probably is a problem as well.

Sorry to hear about the bans.

I don't bot tutorial island, I don't do quests right away, I don't use breaks and I don't train the same thing each day or a mix of things in a day. My account hasn't gotten banned yet and this is F2P on an IP/Host Machine that has received many bans prior on other accounts. Even created the account on the same IP and machine.

Basically you just have to try a ton of different things and see what works for you. I have seen people do something no one else can repeat but then others just seem to catch bans like crazy. figure out what works for you.