Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Does Dreambot have any plan to combat the non-authorized client bans?

Bryno

Hi there @Pandemic and/or other Dreambot developers!

Obviously with this new client change just starting to be enforced yesterday the 25th,  we dont know how strict they are going to be.

However, I am just curious is there is any ideas or plans we have in place to combat this change?

If they can easily detect which client a connection is coming from, then my belief is that there would be some way to spoof/alter that.

Just wanted to pick your guy's brains :) 

Thanks!

We're not aware of any of these new ban types being applied for DB users (yet), although we are keeping an eye on it :)

We don't have any extra information outside of that until they actually start applying those bans or we notice any changes.

2 hours ago, Pandemic said:

We're not aware of any of these new ban types being applied for DB users (yet), although we are keeping an eye on it :)

We don't have any extra information outside of that until they actually start applying those bans or we notice any changes.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, not much to do but kinda sit back and watch the show happen haha :P 

I was curious though if I could pick your brain. How do you think they are going about this "client detection"?

The only real way I can think of is if the official client / runelite client builds have a sort of prefix or suffix attached to each packet they send to the server?

I would just love to run through creative ideas on how they are going to do this. I'm curious above all else :) 

1 hour ago, Bryno said:

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, not much to do but kinda sit back and watch the show happen haha :P 

I was curious though if I could pick your brain. How do you think they are going about this "client detection"?

The only real way I can think of is if the official client / runelite client builds have a sort of prefix or suffix attached to each packet they send to the server?

I would just love to run through creative ideas on how they are going to do this. I'm curious above all else :) 

No one has figured out anything concrete to my knowledge(right this second), the packet idea can easily be check via Wireshark or any other packet monitor.  Playing around I didn't see anything, another user also confirmed this(for now).

1 minute ago, yeeter01 said:

No one has figured out anything concrete to my knowledge(right this second), the packet idea can easily be check via Wireshark or any other packet monitor.  Playing around I didn't see anything, another user also confirmed this(for now).

Okay cool, that's good to rule out :)

I am honestly just so excited to see how this all plays out lmfao xD