Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • ​​​​​​​Is there a way in Dreambot to tell how much RAM a client is using?

carsnwd

Is there a way in Dreambot to tell how much RAM a client is using?

I'm trying to min-max how many clients for resources I use on my machine. I basically have a VM running and to start, set it up with 4-cores and 4GB RAM. I just set one client to 1GB RAM...but I think looking at the system it's just chilling at 1GB and I can't really tell how much the client is using of that 1GB. See image below what I mean...it says its using 36% of the VMs RAM but....I don't think it really is...thats just what I allocated it.

Is there a way in Dreambot to tell?

So I can reduce down from 1GB per client to what it actually needs.

Maybe from others experience, best amount of memory per client?

I'm just gonna have all of the clients not render and very low FPS.

image.png.ba6fd6c3641a8c549259096977963498.png

• carsnwd changed the title to ​​​​​​​Is there a way in Dreambot to tell how much RAM a client is using?

Also...maybe another question. Is it best to limit clients to the bare minimum amount of resources and disable rendering / reduce frames to like 1-2? Does it affect the scipts performance?

3 hours ago, carsnwd said:

Does it affect the scipts performance?

disabling rendering doesnt, ive heard of low fps breaking things in bossing scripts but if its not very timing oriented it should be fine.

if you see next to your dreambot you have the flag -Xmx1024M (1024mb = 1gb)
    thats setting client to use 1gb of ram your script probably doesnt need anywhere near that, after java add -Xmx256m see if it the script is okay with that then go up if needed

Also remember that decreasing your RAM per client will increase the load on the CPU, so less RAM isn't always better (especially cause spare RAM is easier to come by than compute)

Archived