Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Roast my code

fiesch

Hi All

As some of you might know I just joined the community and just started today with creating bots for runescape. 

So please roast my code so i can improve. I was unsure of a lot and for sure did a lot of stuff in the wrong way.

Edit: I developed a simple woodcutter as a hello world project that starts of in the starting location cops down trees till he is level 15 and then he starts chopping down oaks.

https://github.com/sadfiesch/FieschWoodcutter

In banking, instead of

if (bankBooth.interact("Bank")) {
                    sleep(Calculations.random(350, 700)); //todo make better
                }

use

if (bankBooth.interact("Bank")) {
                    sleepUntil(() -> Bank.isOpen(), 4000);
                }

When dropping all inventory items you can create drop patterns to make the bot more human-like.

Instead of

Walking.walk(WoodCutter.stairsArea.getRandomTile());
                sleep(Calculations.random(350, 700)); //todo make better

try

do {
        sleepUntil(WoodCutter.stairsArea.contains(getLocalPlayer()));
    } while (!WoodCutter.stairsArea.contains(getLocalPlayer()));

^You should always use a do-while loop for walking, it would be good to implement this throughout the rest of your script.

Overall, good start and good structure

I don't consider myself a scripter really yet, so just a very minor thing, but you could move this (in your chop trees task) into your accept conditions:

if (tree == null){

On 10/19/2021 at 5:35 AM, osrssom said:

try

do {
        sleepUntil(WoodCutter.stairsArea.contains(getLocalPlayer()));
    } while (!WoodCutter.stairsArea.contains(getLocalPlayer()));

^You should always use a do-while loop for walking, it would be good to implement this throughout the rest of your script.

while loops are advised against because they easily make your script hang & theres no reason to use that how he has his walking nodes set up, the way hes doing it is fine & imo better than using a while loop, the script itself is already a loop you dont need a new one.

right now you have it sleepUntil(() -> Util.currentZone.getBankArea().contains(getLocalPlayer()), 2000); i think if you had

public int execute() {
            log("Moving to bank area");
            if(!Util.currentZone.getBankArea().contains(getLocalPlayer())) {
    			if(Walking.shouldWalk()) {
                	Walking.walk(Util.currentZone.getBankArea().getRandomTile());
            	}
    		}
            return Calculations.random(75, 450);
        }

forgive the fucked up indentation but that would probably produce cleaner walking i havent seen how ur code walks so idk

personally i wouldnt have tasknodes for walking id just wrap other tasks eg the chopping task in, i dont think it makes a huge difference just nicer codebase imo

if (*at the chopping area*) {

// chop shit

} else {

// walking code

}

method isChopping(), isCombat() & isMoving() are redundant idk why you made those

in your banking node you have an if (Bank.isOpen()) & if(!Bank.isOpen) instead of an if else, i just think you're a sociopath for doing that

theres no need to get the gameobject of the bankbooth just use Bank.openClosest()

in GrandExchangeTask you have 

if(Bank.getClosestBank(BankType.EXCHANGE).interact("Bank")){
                        sleepUntil(() -> Bank.isOpen(), 2000);
                    }

just Bank.openClosest()?

So lemme ask this cause I suck at java, is the TaskNode a better structure to coding than tossing most the code in one giant class?

12 hours ago, wr80 said:

So lemme ask this cause I suck at java, is the TaskNode a better structure to coding than tossing most the code in one giant class?

its just easier to read and maintain

Archived