Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Tips on adding anti-ban

SignUpSheet

Hello! I'm a CS student and thought it would be fun to get some practice trying to script some bots. I have been able to figure out how to piece together a few super simple scripts in the past few weeks, but I'm absolutely lost on adding anti-ban. I'd like to make them as secure as possible. Is there any anti-ban references in the API, or is it soley java based? Any tutorials or tips you guys could recommend would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

Antiban is widely considered to be a meme by a lot of Scripters. There isn't really any built in Antiban persay, the simplest way to add some kind of Antiban would be to complete an action based on a particular condition or timer being met. I. E. Could cycle every loop and generate a number, if a random number between X & Y is hit then perform action Z.

I t hink the best way too look at AntiBan is to look instead at the "Pattern" your bot is creating, and then implement devices and additional functionality to disrupt the normal flow of the pattern as much as possible. For example:

Imagine the normal run of your script is a straight line (it wouldnt be but lets keep it simple). Now running 10x of these bots would all generate the exact same straight line allowing for latency variance, camera distortion etc. 

The idea of antiban is to try and ensure that line is as random as possible. If all 10 of the bots have the same antiban mechanisms, most likely this would cause a similar pattern to be built so each bot should try and vary its actions differently to each generate different patterns.

It all comes down to playing like a normal player, very few people do a single activity for more than a few hours and are very rarely 100% efficient. The more variance in the script in THEORY should expand the bots lifetime IF it is an automatic detection system.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:02 AM, Pseudo said:

Antiban is widely considered to be a meme by a lot of Scripters. There isn't really any built in Antiban persay, the simplest way to add some kind of Antiban would be to complete an action based on a particular condition or timer being met. I. E. Could cycle every loop and generate a number, if a random number between X & Y is hit then perform action Z.

On 9/3/2020 at 4:01 AM, TheCloakdOne said:

I t hink the best way too look at AntiBan is to look instead at the "Pattern" your bot is creating, and then implement devices and additional functionality to disrupt the normal flow of the pattern as much as possible. For example:

Imagine the normal run of your script is a straight line (it wouldnt be but lets keep it simple). Now running 10x of these bots would all generate the exact same straight line allowing for latency variance, camera distortion etc. 

The idea of antiban is to try and ensure that line is as random as possible. If all 10 of the bots have the same antiban mechanisms, most likely this would cause a similar pattern to be built so each bot should try and vary its actions differently to each generate different patterns.

It all comes down to playing like a normal player, very few people do a single activity for more than a few hours and are very rarely 100% efficient. The more variance in the script in THEORY should expand the bots lifetime IF it is an automatic detection system.

Appreciate the answers guys!

Quick question though as a beginner scripter/coder, when it comes to adding things like that, is it the actual java doing these things, or part of the API? 

Like for example the going a different path, or say stopping once you hit a certain level/experience threshold, should I be focusing on the actual java when I'm trying to implement that, or is 90% of the code from the API? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just trying my best to learn, thanks! 

On 9/6/2020 at 6:05 AM, SignUpSheet said:

Appreciate the answers guys!

Quick question though as a beginner scripter/coder, when it comes to adding things like that, is it the actual java doing these things, or part of the API? 

Like for example the going a different path, or say stopping once you hit a certain level/experience threshold, should I be focusing on the actual java when I'm trying to implement that, or is 90% of the code from the API? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just trying my best to learn, thanks! 

In regards to the actual performing of the action, the Api handles the vast majority of this, that's what an Api is designed for. But as regards to the conditional changes and so forth you'd simply handle that yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

I find when botting, doing it around other players gets me banned quicker. You're more likely to get reported by real players. I've not been banned since i've been training combat in a tucked away location, where nobody goes. Plus i've implemented my own human-like mouse algorithm, which I'm sure is helping as-well. 

Archived