Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dreambot break feature

Invidious

Can someone please explain the usage of the break function of dream bot. I assume it takes a "break" and stops the bot, but i'm having trouble understanding the fields in the break settings. Interval is how often it breaks, but what is preset hour and minutes? Duration is the duration of the break? I tried browsing the client guide section but i didn't find anything related. Also, can someone explain to me what fresh start and covert mode do?

64e56c0e83ea1e43539faf460c0309f8.png

Fresh start makes a fresh cache with a randomized folder name.

Covert mode we can't explain much about, because secret.

Interval is how often it breaks, Duration is indeed the duration of the break.

Deviate interval is how much it can change, so if you set 60 interval, and 10 deviation it could have an interval between 50 and 70 for your next break, same with duration.

Preset times is essentially interval, but you don't have to do 300 minutes, instead you can just put 5 hours, and it has no deviation. I think the use was intended differently, but looking at the code that's what it does.

17 minutes ago, Nuclear Nezz said:

Fresh start makes a fresh cache with a randomized folder name.

Covert mode we can't explain much about, because secret.

Interval is how often it breaks, Duration is indeed the duration of the break.

Deviate interval is how much it can change, so if you set 60 interval, and 10 deviation it could have an interval between 50 and 70 for your next break, same with duration.

Preset times is essentially interval, but you don't have to do 300 minutes, instead you can just put 5 hours, and it has no deviation. I think the use was intended differently, but looking at the code that's what it does.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. I think the menu could use some reworking as its quite confusing to new users like me.

There could be a label which updates when settings are changed. For example, the label could say "Breaking in 50-70 minutes for 60-90 minutes". This way users, who don't understand the terminology, can see how each setting will affect their breaks. Alternatively a button which opens url containing more in-depth instructions to the break manager.

Archived