Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • What account do you use to write scripts

ParaStyle

Hello everyone

I used to script when RSBuddy still was a boting client. Since the bot detection of Jagex was not that good as it is now I used to test my scripts on my main account. But since their bot detection has improved I'm not sure how to test my scripts. 

Do you guys test your self written scripts on your main, do you buy an account, do you make a botting alt or what?

Thanks in advance!

I've been intending to write scripts for this community, and have ran into the most bizarre behavior for bans. While developing a pineapple slicer, a p2p lvl 3 got banned the next day from ~45 minutes of testing and debugging. Never really letting it spam click or get stuck, etc.

I then hand trained two p2p accounts to over 350 total. 11 quest points. Varied skills. The slicer was ran on the two accounts for 2.5hrs per day, 30min break in-between, with varying times obviously. This was done for two days total, with a day break in between, before both accounts were hit with macro major. 

I don't know if a flag is being thrown for new accounts having ~1m+ of a single item, if they're too new, if they're too low level, etc, but it has driven me away from public script development until I further understand how to reliably test and develop such that I can stop the risk to myself for doing so.

The anecdotal stories of people getting 94 mage with Garry's Hood autoclicker blow my mind. There's no reason that a relatively low-click activity like pineapple slicing would get mechanically caught, while a basic autoclicker wouldn't. 

I truly believe that Jagex has implemented various flags that are then hand-curated by employees. We know that they have massive amounts of player data, like what kind of person plays when, etc. We can only assume that they have data showing bank value vs account age, amount of friends vs playtime, etc. Manually checking the outliers of these data sets is the only logical thing I can think of that would get accounts banned.

Or the dreambot client sux and is detectable. Your choice.

/rant

/speculation

1 hour ago, clerythecleri said:

Its hard to say, I work with 2 ex jagex employees. According to them, jagex run thousands of automated scripts against the data. All checking for various things from age, to mouse patterns, to naming conventions, to skill gains etc. If you meet any pattern you'll be flagged and an employee will manually check your against by using a graph which maps out your cursors movements and the places that were clicked. It will give them an image which they have been trained to analyse, this image will tell them where your mouse has moved, where you have clicked and how many times. From this, it is fairly easy to see within 10seconds if you are botting or not. They pulled a few up to show me, and it is really quite fascinating. 

Its like a black road map with blue lines, the thicker they are the more you have moved your cursor through that area. They showed me 2 bots an 2 legit players. The bots had very confined movements where as the legit players were erratic and had no patterns at all to speak of. 

If however you are flagged by too many systems or specific systems which they deem to be the most accurate. You will be automatically banned.
    When you are flagged and banned automatically, if you appeal the ban they will check the same maps and make a decision fairly instantly. It is rare that further investigation is needed.

Consider this. When you are playing, doing something like wood cutting. Notice when you move your mouse, you move it at different speeds. You often overshoot your mouse past the target slightly then pull it back. Or you'll move you mouse near it and then slowly home into what you want to click on (without thinking about it). A bot doesn't move or work like this, Even with the anti-ban movements they are nothing like a persons movements. I think the way mouse movements are done could be alot more realistic than they are... they are not realistic at all. 

bg3L7eM.png

On 9/26/2018 at 8:36 AM, clerythecleri said:

Its hard to say, I work with 2 ex jagex employees. According to them...

If these claims are true; then this may be the first testimonial from people who have actually worked with Jagex's anti-bot team...

This coincides with my speculations that there are certains flags set up, such as age vs playtime/account worth/etc, that Jagex employees then hand-curate and manually ban. (Despite some automatic bans for trusted flags)

Crazy stuff here. I'm going to record a heatmap of myself manually doing some of my scripted tasks, then compare the heatmap to one made with the bot. Hopefully by further understanding these heatmaps, and how to make them look nearly identical, we can greatly reduce bans and make it extremely hard for Jagex to ban our bots.

Archived