Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Frequently Asked Questions!

Nuclear Nezz

Hello, this will be the thread that will have Frequently Asked Questions and their answers. :)

The list will be updated over time and questions asked here/in the support section will be added as necessary.

What is Covert Mode, What does it do for me & Why is it worth it?

Here at DreamBot we are extremely proud of what a new techinque that is changing the game and turning the tide on bans. Covert mode is a brand new game changing feature that will not only keep you safer but also allow you to bot for much longer without detection. We cant go into detail of how it works as we want it to stay undetected & working for our users. But we assure you that once you have used it. You won't know what you did without it. Covert doesnt affect the way the game is played by our scripts and you won't notice the difference when watching bots play the game for you. Just know that in the background its working hard to keep you safe.

They safe the proof is in the results. Well let me just show you this thread: Click Here

Anymore questions regarding covert please feel free to ask them here.

When I click "Launch" in the launcher nothing happens. Why not!?

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Java 8 installed.

2. If that doesn't work, delete everything in your dreambot folder located in C:\users\username\dreambot (or the equivalent in linux/mac)

3. Make sure you have the RAM set below 500MB, the JVM gets weird if you try to give it too much.

I've uploaded a gif but it isn't working. What's wrong?

There's a size limit (bytes wise, not dimension wise, though there's a limit on that too) that you're probably exceeding. If you think the size is reasonable you're free to PM me or any of the staff about it and we can discuss increasing the limit.

But you'll probably need to find a gif that's smaller (less bytes).

How do I change my name?

Changing your name is  VIP/Sponsor feature. If you wish to change your name you will have to purchase VIP or Sponsor.

All I see when I open a new tab is a little black box. What do I do?

Open Runescape in OSBuddy (or the browser, or their actual launcher) and turn off resizable mode. If it's already off, turn it on and then back off. That should resolve the little black box issue.

Why can't I use PayPal to buy VIP or scripts?

We no longer support PayPal as a payment platform. You can purchase vouchers from other users, or you can use your credit card to purchase VIP or scripts or whatever you're looking for.

Your credit card information is not stored on our site, it's all handled by the secure payment platform that is being used (eg: Stripe)

https://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/topic/13754-guide-how-to-buysellactivate-dreambot-vouchers/

When I try to log in to the client with my DreamBot information, it doesn't log me in. Why is this?

The first step is that you should make sure your password does not contain any special characters. The client's login handler doesn't allow them.

If that does not work, make sure you're using your username instead of your registered email.

If neither of those work, it's possible that our login servers are experiencing issues, or are down for maintenance, and you should wait patiently for them to come back up.

How do I cancel my recurring payments?

You should have a "Manage Purchases" button when you click on the Store tab on the top of the forums. All recurring payment purchases should be found there.

My launcher won't download the client! It's stuck!

Try running the launcher with command prompt. Watch for any errors that pop up, if you see one that says something about an address family, it means your java is trying to use ipv6 instead of ipv4, and it's causing issues.

Try the following:

Open command prompt (windows start button, type cmd in search)

Click top left of command prompt, click properties, enable quick edit mode

Copy: setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

Right click on command prompt, should paste

Hit enter. That easy!

Now try running the launcher through that command prompt window again. It should (hopefully) work.

My client is getting all messed up, it won't click anything!

First, is today a Thursday? Runescape often updates their game on Thursday, and sometimes (when you see "Downloading gamepack" on your client) we have to update stuff on our end. First you should check in chat, or the threads, to see if there's a reason the client is down, or if I, @Nuclear Nezz, just haven't woken up to update the hooks yet (it happens at like 5:30 am for me)

If it's not Thursday, try these steps:

1. Run the dreambot launcher, even if you're sure you're on the latest version of the client.

2. Delete the dreambot client.jar under %userhome%\DreamBot\BotData\client.jar, see #1

3. Delete all of the jagexcache's on your system, you should find the main one under %userhome%\jagexcache but there may be more if you use the fresh start option in the client (tmpdb-stuff)

4. Move your local scripts to your desktop and try again

5. If it's still not working, run the client through command prompt (see the quickstart thread on how to do so) and look for any errors, usually something that contains the word "Exception", make a thread and put a screenshot of that whole block that prints (the block will be tabbed on lines after that "Exception" word) to get more assistance. :)

Thanks,

The Dream Team