Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Do I need to use a Proxy?

ANewNewWay

Hey, this is kind of a noob question as I've never used a bot before,

But I downloaded the app, and before I went to press "Launch client" I realised I have "No proxy selected",

Is it necessary to have one? If so, what exactly do they do ?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

It's not necessary. It's useful to use proxies when botting multiple accounts to prevent chain bans. If you're not planning on running a gold farm, they shouldn't be something you need.

Hey, this is kind of a noob question as I've never used a bot before,

But I downloaded the app, and before I went to press "Launch client" I realised I have "No proxy selected",

Is it necessary to have one? If so, what exactly do they do ?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

You really dont need to proxy. I never use them, my farm is doin well, I only run between 10-15 accounts at a time though.

You really dont need to proxy. I never use them, my farm is doin well, I only run between 10-15 accounts at a time though.

10-15 accounts on the same IP?

okay.

Unbelievable 

Proxies are a waste of money unless you're running a large farm. I don't even get chain banned running 10-15 accounts on my IP.. If I get banned its usually just an account or two.

Rather than separating my accounts by proxies I separate them by doing different things in game.

Thanks for the replies,

I'm actually only just botting one account, I want to get a couple of my main combat stats up, so judging by the replies here a proxy isn't necessary in my case.

Thank you again :)

Thanks for the replies,

I'm actually only just botting one account, I want to get a couple of my main combat stats up, so judging by the replies here a proxy isn't necessary in my case.

Thank you again :)

Be careful botting on your main account. I personally would not recommend doing it! I suggest using throw away accounts to gather supplies for your main account instead, do not bot on an account you care about losing.

Archived